life of the touch screen

Rinkssss

Dec 10, 2007
Hiee guys...

I'm just curious to know the life of the iPhone touch screen. i know it gonna be good...but do anyone knows for sure... also the life og the home button..
let me know your comments guys...thanks!

Rinks...

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Not sure but I'm sure it'll outlast the battery. Whcih when it goes I was told the whole phone is just replaced.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I haven't really thought about how long it would take for the touchscreen to become unresponsive, but I have a feeling that it would be quite a while. That is of course assuming you keep care of it and don't crack it or break it or anything else like that.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I do not really understand how the touch screen works. I thought it was electromagnetic or something, so I do not think it will wear out. Maybe there is an engineer in here somewhere who can shed some light on this subject for us. Engineer in the house?

Rinkssss

Dec 10, 2007
i'm computer engg...and have knowledge of the touch screen functionality...
it all depends on the quality of the glass...
but i wanted to know if anyone has idea about iPhone screen...
if u wanna read something about how touch screen works...
here it goes..

http://www.embedded.com/story/OEG20020529S0046

Rinks...

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
i'm computer engg...and have knowledge of the touch screen functionality...
it all depends on the quality of the glass...
but i wanted to know if anyone has idea about iPhone screen...
if u wanna read something about how touch screen works...
here it goes..

http://www.embedded.com/story/OEG20020529S0046

Rinks...
This is something I need to read after a full night sleep. I did a quick once over. Thanks for the info-I am just really tired now. The iPhone touch screen does not get calibrated, though.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I bought my iPhone a week after release in July. Last month the top half of my touch screen stopped working. Apple exchanged it for a new one. I really liked my old one because the auto brightness on this one doesn't work as great and the screen seems to be much darker that my original. Anyways, my screen lasted exactly 5 months. I am a little concerned after the warranty is up and this is rather new technology of how long this phone will last. I am not holding my breath on it lasting through my 2 year AT&T contract. As much as I love the iPhone, I just don't trust it now. I keep waiting for the screen to go out again.

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
The iPhone's touch screen is slightly different than the norm. It is capacitive. Basically it has an electrical field that is applied across the screen the entire time the LCD is active and whenever it senses another electric field (In this case a bioelectric field produced by your finger) it measures the disturbance via sine wave calculations and then can basically tell wherever you are touching.