Lifeproof case

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
What does certified mean?

All I said was I want the cheapest with return receipt.
Certified means they have to sign for it. You can get certified with return receipt, where you get a card back with their signature. If I send things with the USPS, which I rarely do because they lose everything, I usually just send it certified, with no return receipt. With certified, you can view online that they signed for it.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
For future reference, FedEx Ground is cheaper.
Yes, it is. I even signed up for a discount volume shipping through eBay and get even a great rate on FedEx Express shipments. Note, I do not send large volumes from eBay. I only sent one in the past few years. But, once they offered me the discount and accepted me, it stayed with me.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I have never shipped with FedEx, everything for all of my packages ever came via usps or UPS.

The USPS is a sworn enemy of mine now. FedEx or UPS or email!

Jerome G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010
I went to the post office to ship my old case back and it was $8! Holy crap!
They will send you a prepaid label if you ask.
Unfortunately I have had to return 4 cases.
I paid $8 the first time also, then I told them it was expensive to send back and they offered to pay the shipping so I have asked the ever since.
Just did it 2 weeks ago again (unfortunately, still not getting a good case)

Sent using iCafe app

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Can you use the case with invisible shield installed ?

Sent using iCafe app
Someone said no, but yesterday I had the LifeProof screen protector removed and my Ghost Armor screen protector replaced(installed) at a mall kiosk. After 24 hours, I put it back in the LifeProof Nüüd case. I checked and it looks like all the seals are intact. I don't plan on using it in the water. It's just an extra proof.

Sent using iCafe app

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Someone said no, but yesterday I had the LifeProof screen protector removed and my Ghost Armor screen protector replaced(installed) at a mall kiosk. After 24 hours, I put it back in the LifeProof Nüüd case. I checked and it looks like all the seals are intact. I don't plan on using it in the water. It's just an extra proof.

Sent using iCafe app
I wouldn't leave those skins on if you plan on takin it for a swim in a pool or dunking it in water, but if all you need it for is peace of mind and the occasional shower watching naughty videos, go for it I suppose. ;)

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
What I do is buy a 3/pack screen protector and use the LifeProof one as a template to cut them to size. I'm sure that others have done the same thing. And it works. I do this so if I have to replace them I don't have to wait for LifeProof to send me replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I wouldn't leave those skins on if you plan on takin it for a swim in a pool or dunking it in water, but if all you need it for is peace of mind and the occasional shower watching naughty videos, go for it I suppose. ;)
If you reread my post, I said I don't plan on taking it in the water. Never have, never will. I just like the extra protection and being able to use it in the rain. lol You watch naughty movies in the shower? lol
What I do is buy a 3/pack screen protector and use the LifeProof one as a template to cut them to size. I'm sure that others have done the same thing. And it works. I do this so if I have to replace them I don't have to wait for LifeProof to send me replacements.
I requested replacements. They told me the one they sent is reusable, but I told them it wasn't. I'm sure they'll send me a new one. Than I might, if I want to take it in the water, cut the ghost armor using it as a template.

Jerome G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010

I came across this and it helped me, I also did try blowing into the microphone port. One of these methods changed my case from unusable to my everyday case.
Hope it works for those having sound problems

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida

I came across this and it helped me, I also did try blowing into the microphone port. One of these methods changed my case from unusable to my everyday case.
Hope it works for those having sound problems
Sent using iCafe app
The only problem with that video is that there is NOT a hole in the back of the LifeProof Fré or Nüüd case. All it takes is to look at it closely and you find it it only a Dimple in the case. Not a hole at all.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Does the Belt clip fit both fre and nuud cases ?
Sent using iCafe app
Yes, depending on which clip though. If its an old clip for the Fré, it may not fit 100% unless you remove the two rubber tabs at the top if the case. Newer clips should fit both with no issues.