Lifeproof case

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
I have an old clip and it fits my Nüüd case just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katrinaa

Aug 8, 2013
Does anyone know if there's a way to attach a wrist strap? Can't figure it out

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
The nüüd doesn't have one and the Frē does

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Any idea what are the dimensions of the lightning connector hole in the Nuud case? I want to get a short USB to lightning connector.

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida

Jerome G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010
I have one of those too but the micro USB portion does not work

Sent using iCafe app

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Is it possible to attach it to the tether portion of the headphone plug.
urujanyq.jpg

Sent using iCafe app
Probably but by doing so you would have to remove the attachment for the headphone plug.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
It's based off the OEM cable, so as absolutely close to that size as possible. I know that probably doesn't help
much though. I bought a few of these and the lightning end fits just perfect.
View attachment 30502

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1186401-3-in-1-apple-30-pin-lightning-micro-usb-data-ch
Mine appears to have a lot more room around the OEM lightning cable. I guess I could just buy one and try it out. I could always return it.

Sent using iCafe app

JIS

Bronze
Nov 2, 2012
You can thread a lanyard through the slot at the bottom right on the front. It goes all the way through. I wouldn't dangle my phone as it can mess with the rubber, but it would save your phone in an emergency.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
It's based off the OEM cable, so as absolutely close to that size as possible. I know that probably doesn't help
much though. I bought a few of these and the lightning end fits just perfect.
View attachment 30502

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1186401-3-in-1-apple-30-pin-lightning-micro-usb-data-ch
I bought this one and it fits fine right out of the box:
Kenburg LightLinez XS 12cm Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone 5 & More (Apple Authorized, MFi)
http://amzn.com/B00BZ0PD0Q

Sent using iCafe app

Jerome G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010

dkhmwilliams

Bronze
May 10, 2013
I bought a life proof case today and so far it is ok. It felt awkward to pay that much for a case. But I wanted something that would add a lot of protection without all the bulk. I have young kids that love to get their hands only phone. The Lifeproof case seemed to be the best alternative to me

Sent using iCafe app

dkhmwilliams

Bronze
May 10, 2013
Had to take the Lifeproof case back to the store because the screen protector was really bad. Didn't feel like going through the trouble of getting another.

Sent using iCafe app

Redbull2000

Bronze
Dec 4, 2012
Minnapolis
Had to take the Lifeproof case back to the store because the screen protector was really bad. Didn't feel like going through the trouble of getting another.

Sent using iCafe app
Buy the new Nuud lifeproof cases instead the Fre, it's the old one with screen protector. The new one just $10 more and no screen protector but still water proof.

Sent using iCafe app

Jerome G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010
Buy the new Nuud lifeproof cases instead the Fre, it's the old one with screen protector. The new one just $10 more and no screen protector but still water proof.

Sent using iCafe app
I think it is personal preference, I have a Fre and it works fine for me (after a few exchanges). I don't have to worry about anything scratching the screen, even minor bumps are ok. I can put it in my pocket with other things and not worry. I take it to the beach and don't have to worry about sand getting in the case between the seal. For me I guess, it is about convenience. I like to use the phone and throw it around without concern. I think I might still be a little concerned about having the screen exposed with the nuud. The thin screen protector does not offer much reassurance.

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I wasn't crazy about the LifeProof fre when I reviewed it back in February. Muffled sounds and buzzing were issues for me. At $30, I decided to pick one up. Maybe they've fixed the issues with newer batches, so we'll see. There were a lot of good things about the case, which is why I jumped back in at $30. My review was based on it being an $80 case.

Last edited: