Lifeproof for the 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by radtechy, Oct 29, 2013.

1. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Looks like its available for order now in black or white. I'm waiting for new colors for this one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383080564.974788.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using

#1 radtechy, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Full access to Touch ID. Cool.

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I guess this rules out solid glass or hard plastic shields which prefer over the LP plastic

5. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I'm going to have to wait for a nüüd case also. After having it for my 5 I don't think I can go back to having the plastic screen cover.

Sent using iCafe app

6. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I've got my LifeProof 5S case. I am not too sure about that covering over the touch ID sensor. It looks and feels a little flimsy, like Saran Wrap. I guess it has to be very thin in order to pass the fingerprint through to the sensor, but now I'm worried about that being the weakest link. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383661401.943000.jpg

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

The 'film' covering the flash on their previous cases appeared to be rather flimsy. But... You weren't using the flash like the home button either. Hopefully it's a bit beefier material.

8. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

OMG, so true. I have the nuud for my 5 and will never get a plastic air pocket pillow effect screen ever again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I got my $ worth out of a couple fre cases with my 4s. I skipped the iPhone 5 but grabbed a model 5 nuud for my 5s right off the bat. I agree with those who say they couldn't go back to the fre style. I'll hold out for the 5s nuud too.

10. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

That's the same film cover they use for the flash. I have the Frē and the Nüüd cases both for the iPhone 5 just today I went to place the Nüüd case on my 5s (since I work construction I don't want dirt and dust getting in the phone) I noticed the clear cover on the case for the flash was broken. After further inspection realized that it wasn't glass but a plastic flimsy cover. Really upset $90 and they couldn't make that glass like the one on the camera lens. Really disappointed by this. $90 gone :(

Sent using iCafe app

11. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Call for a replacement.

Does the fingerprint plastic stay tight? Or is it really loose. I want a dedicated 5s LP but I was waiting for more colors. Right now I'm using a 5 fre on the 5s

#11 radtechy, Nov 5, 2013
  12. lmluciano

lmluciano Member
    Bronze

To anyone who has received their fre for the 5s. Is the earphone jack plug attached on yours. I just received mine and the plug is loose just like the case for the 5. The pictures on the Lifeproof website show the plug attached by a small strap.

Look at the last picture.

http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/iphone-5s/iphone-5s-case/

That's the case I expected to get but did not. I sent them an email but I'm not holding my breath for an answer anytime soon.

#12 lmluciano, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  13. lmluciano

lmluciano Member
    Bronze

it is tight in the center and sticks to the home button, but as it goes up over the ring around the home button you can see it does not stick to it.. I'll try to provide a picture when I get home later today or tomorrow.

#13 lmluciano, Nov 9, 2013
  14. Mont_1

Mont_1 New Member

I received the very same fre for the 5s. I was very unsure about the case as it did not have the tethered earphone plug (as shown on their web site). It wasn't until I watched a youtube review that I realized I received the wrong case.

The touch id works fine, very flimsy but functional. I called Lifeproof's customer service and spoke to a rep. They are shipping the correct case on Monday. Also, the back cutout for the camera flash is fitted for the iPhone 5, not the 5s. Give them a call so they can correct their mistake!

15. lmluciano

lmluciano Member
    Bronze

Mont_1,

Did they say they would send you another case?

I decided to call Lifeproof yesterday and they are sending me the plug with the tether attached. Apparently it hooks on to the lanyard connection next to the earphone jack. They did not offer to send me a new case.

16. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

The film ends up taking on almost an invisible shield like texture - complete with OCD inducing bubbles and air pockets that won't go away.

abetypeq.jpg

while it told me to register touch ID before putting on the case, it wouldn't recognize me afterward so I reregistered after putting the case on. In fact it seems to have made my touch ID work even better than it ever did naked

17. Mont_1

Mont_1 New Member

Imluciano,

Yes, they're sending me a new case. I received my tracking number yesterday. The customer rep I spoke to didn't ask questions...quickly filed/emailed the necessary documentation for a new case and documentation for me to return my current one. I'm beginning to detect some inconsistencies in their complaint department. Hope your issue is resolved to your satisfaction!

18. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks for sharing that. I'll wait for a NUUD version

19. lmluciano

lmluciano Member
    Bronze

If you could take a picture of the new case when you receive it, especially the flash cut out. I'd like to compare it to what I have. maybe I have the wrong case also.

20. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

I picked up the LP 5S and I didn't like the bubbling on the fingerprint sensor, the feel of the screen protector due to the cut out for that film, and overall I wasn't really pleased with the fingerprint scanner. I set it up with the LP on and it worked ok I just didn't like it

#20 radtechy, Nov 23, 2013