LifeProof Fre iPhone 5 case!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
I know theres another lifeproof thread that i created on here, but i think this deserves a thread of its own.
This case is awesome and they finally added a much needed lanyard attachment point on the bottom left of the case near the headphone port.
Will post more pics soon and a full run down of the product after my 1 hr water test.
y9a5aryn.jpg

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
I put my name on that notification list as soon as they put it on their website ie. (I have no life) and I got the email Tuesday to order it. Ordered it with 2nd day air cause I wanted it faster.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Got my email on Tuesday to order, had it 2 day delivered cause I couldn't wait. Did it all on the LifeProof website.
The screen feels awesome better than the 4/4s case did and the sound kicks major bootay! The mute toggle makes a clicking noise now so you know when it clicks on and off.
There's no limit to how many times you can open the case, just have to do routine maintenance on it when using it in water. Looking at the earpiece section it looks like they took out the gortex.
Best part of the case is that it now has a place to attach a lanyard.
Overall this case gets an A+++ shows that the company is really listening to their customers.

ZAT

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
I like the idea of this case, especially since I've been in a couple of rain shower and got the 4 wet. Didn't die, but I was worried there for a bit. One thing I didn't like about the 4/4S design was the gap between the screen protector and the screen. Have they fixed that in this version?

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
I like the idea of this case, especially since I've been in a couple of rain shower and got the 4 wet. Didn't die, but I was worried there for a bit. One thing I didn't like about the 4/4S design was the gap between the screen protector and the screen. Have they fixed that in this version?
Yes compared to my old 4/4s case, I can hardly tell there's a screen at all.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Another thing I noticed is that the headphone bung is recessed so the case looks sleeker, only difficulty is unscrewing it with the pad of a finger.

lmluciano

Bronze
Jul 1, 2010
I've been on the list since 10/4/12. I'm going to get the case before I buy the iPhone 5. That way the phone goes from the box right into the case. I have the 4s in a Lifeproof case so I'm not in any real hurry. I"ll add another line when I get the 5 and my girlfriend will get my 4s.

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
I've been on the list since 10/4/12. I'm going to get the case before I buy the iPhone 5. That way the phone goes from the box right into the case. I have the 4s in a Lifeproof case so I'm not in any real hurry. I"ll add another line when I get the 5 and my girlfriend will get my 4s.
Awesome! You won't regret it. This case rocks!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Do you happen to have the Lightning to 30-pin adapter with the short cable? If so, can you check to see if it fits inside the opening of the case? The reason I ask is that it's a little bigger around than the Lightning to USB cable and I was worried they designed the case for the skinnier Lightning cable only...

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Do you happen to have the Lightning to 30-pin adapter with the short cable? If so, can you check to see if it fits inside the opening of the case? The reason I ask is that it's a little bigger around than the Lightning to USB cable and I was worried they designed the case for the skinnier Lightning cable only...
Yes it does fit with the 0.2mm lightning to 30 pin adapter with a bit of play I might add.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
I'm in Group D, groan. Hopefully my Element (shipping 11/15) will ease the pain..... :)

Purchase link sent no later than:
Group A November 7, 2012
Group B November 13, 2012
Group C November 16, 2012
Group D November 21, 2012
Group E November 27, 2012
Group F November 29, 2012