Lifeproof warranty replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Ty G, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Ty G

Ty G New Member

I received a warranty replacement for the nuud case for my iPhone 5s today. Inside was a bag/envelope to send back my defective case. I did not know lifeproof wanted the defective case back because I planned to keep this as a backup. Is it required to send it back?

2. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

Of course, if they didn't make you send it back everyone would claim to need a warranty replacement.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Unless they changed things, you have a 2 week timeframe to send it back to them. They used to say it was required to send them back the original case in the email with the RMA # and return instructions.

Don't send it back and they will charge you for the price of the new case.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I bought an Otterbox Defender from Verizon for my wife's 5c. The protective screen did not lie flush with the phone's screen. Otter sent me a Warranty Replacement but told me not to send the defective one to them. I had to send them photos of it. I then returned the defective case back to Verizon. I feel like I cheated someone, but I only did what they all asked me to do. I was impressed with Otter's customer service.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

This is why I have been with Otterbox for a long while now. Their customer service is amazing. They don't request the defective product back. They will send me a replacement case for practically any reason I give them. They just want to retain their customers for future purchases. And as with all other businessses or I should say most, customer service is key for businesss.