Lifeproof warranty replacement

Ty G

Jun 20, 2014
I received a warranty replacement for the nuud case for my iPhone 5s today. Inside was a bag/envelope to send back my defective case. I did not know lifeproof wanted the defective case back because I planned to keep this as a backup. Is it required to send it back?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Of course, if they didn't make you send it back everyone would claim to need a warranty replacement.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I received a warranty replacement for the nuud case for my iPhone 5s today. Inside was a bag/envelope to send back my defective case. I did not know lifeproof wanted the defective case back because I planned to keep this as a backup. Is it required to send it back?
Unless they changed things, you have a 2 week timeframe to send it back to them. They used to say it was required to send them back the original case in the email with the RMA # and return instructions.

Don't send it back and they will charge you for the price of the new case.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Unless they changed things, you have a 2 week timeframe to send it back to them. They used to say it was required to send them back the original case in the email with the RMA # and return instructions.

Don't send it back and they will charge you for the price of the new case.
I bought an Otterbox Defender from Verizon for my wife's 5c. The protective screen did not lie flush with the phone's screen. Otter sent me a Warranty Replacement but told me not to send the defective one to them. I had to send them photos of it. I then returned the defective case back to Verizon. I feel like I cheated someone, but I only did what they all asked me to do. I was impressed with Otter's customer service.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I bought an Otterbox Defender from Verizon for my wife's 5c. The protective screen did not lie flush with the phone's screen. Otter sent me a Warranty Replacement but told me not to send the defective one to them. I had to send them photos of it. I then returned the defective case back to Verizon. I feel like I cheated someone, but I only did what they all asked me to do. I was impressed with Otter's customer service.
This is why I have been with Otterbox for a long while now. Their customer service is amazing. They don't request the defective product back. They will send me a replacement case for practically any reason I give them. They just want to retain their customers for future purchases. And as with all other businessses or I should say most, customer service is key for businesss.