Light scratches on bezel normal after 1 day

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

asuandy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I took the plunge on Saturday and got an iPhone. Today I am noticing very light little "dings" in the chrome that is closest to the screen. I carry it in my pocket by itself and there is no debri in the pocket either. I am just wondering how bad its going to be in a month :p

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I took the plunge on Saturday and got an iPhone. Today I am noticing very light little "dings" in the chrome that is closest to the screen. I carry it in my pocket by itself and there is no debri in the pocket either. I am just wondering how bad its going to be in a month :p
Light scratches are normal on the metal edge (which is not chrome)... a "ding" in my eyes is a tiny dent...this is NOT normal.

If you are OCD like me an you are careful with the phone you will be fine. What you need to be careful of is things that are physically harder than glass...certain metals, rock, sand particles, bone, etc. All of this can scratch glass and will certainly scratch the metal edge.

asuandy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Light scratches are normal on the metal edge (which is not chrome)... a "ding" in my eyes is a tiny dent...this is NOT normal.

If you are OCD like me an you are careful with the phone you will be fine. What you need to be careful of is things that are physically harder than glass...certain metals, rock, sand particles, bone, etc. All of this can scratch glass and will certainly scratch the metal edge.
"ding" was the wrong word lol....yeah, very light scratches. my concern is that in a month, its gonna be a mess. Oh well, theres always the brushed metal trick i have been reading about

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
To be honest, I have an extremely sensitive eye to detail and after a few days I forgot about the tiny scratches....in fact unless I am under some powerful fluorescent lights I do not notice them. I know it is hard, but try not to compulse over every little miniscule flaw:pi know its tough but it will drive you crazy:sick:;)

asuandy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
To be honest, I have an extremely sensitive eye to detail and after a few days I forgot about the tiny scratches....in fact unless I am under some powerful fluorescent lights I do not notice them. I know it is hard, but try not to compulse over every little miniscule flaw:pi know its tough but it will drive you crazy:sick:;)
its just hard when you drop this kind of $$. you expect it to be perfect forever