Lightning to USB Cable 2m!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Sharunda, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Saw this today. It's $10 more than the 1m and the 0.5m (didn't know they sold a smaller version).

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1378908780.428103.jpg

0.5m cable

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1378908824.138983.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

2. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Monoprice has way better cables for much cheaper. :)

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yes, I know a lot of people go the aftermarket route. For folks who don't want to take the plunge now they have a few more options in size. Apple finally got around to offering different lightning to usb size cables.

I have had a bad experience with aftermarket cables and chargers so I generally go with Apple or an Apple approved vendor. I had an aftermarket charger actually fry my iPhone 3G. That was sad. I was still using it totally ignoring the singed inner 30 pin connector port. Meh, so what it's a little black! It still charged although the phone started to act erratic. I called Apple and they told me to take it in to a store and when I did they gave me a new one immediately. The Genius confirmed that the iPhone was fried and filled out paper to give me a brand new one. It wasn't safe using that phone any longer. So, no more aftermarkets for me.

4. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

I concur. And they're far more durable than the Apple ones. I've had 3 6ft cables all still working perfectly after 7 months. They are "certified" cables.And come in black or white. I've recommended them to many friends. We've even got them for the iPads at work. Because people abuse the crap out the Apple made ones.

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

As long s they're certified by Apple that's what's important. I like a black lightning cable. I think Belkin makes them as well. I'd buy them if they are cerifed, but I like the option that Apple is giving as well.

6. trnsilver

trnsilver Zealot
    Gold

I haven't found a lightning cable that does more than just charge the phone for cheaper than Apple/Belkin. I'm looking for one that can also sync/be used for music to the car. I'm also looking for a cheaper 30-pin/lightning adapter that does all those things

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I bought 5 of the iPhone 5 charger cables on eBay for $6.50 all in one auction listing. Yes, they were not Apple made cables, but they have done their job as far as charging my iPhone, as well as allowing me to use them in car to listen to music via iPhone.

Only one has broken. I am on the second one now and so far so good.