PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007

jcmitchell5

Contributor
Silver
Feb 19, 2010
Arkansas
Just wiggle it up and down. Mine did the same thing. It will loosen the more you do it.

teefar

Bronze
Mar 13, 2009
Yeah I've heard Apple has been replacing people cables do to this.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I have a feeling they might be making the "green dot" lightning cables to discern between the old and new cables. The deep holes do not affect everyone. It really depends on the USB slot you plug into. If the four USB prongs aren't designed a certain way then they will sink all the way into the 4 USB holes making it very difficult to pull it out.

I finally got mine out. For my situation "wiggling" didn't work. I used a small screwdriver to pry it out just enough to extract.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I have a feeling they might be making the "green dot" lightning cables to discern between the old and new cables. The deep holes do not affect everyone. It really depends on the USB slot you plug into. If the four USB prongs aren't designed a certain way then they will sink all the way into the 4 USB holes making it very difficult to pull it out.

I finally got mine out. For my situation "wiggling" didn't work. I used a small screwdriver to pry it out just enough to extract.
I am sorry I did not understand "green dot" Am I missing something?
I am asking because I noticed a green dot on the charger part of the iPhone5.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I am sorry I did not understand "green dot" Am I missing something?
I am asking because I noticed a green dot on the charger part of the iPhone5.
I was just speculating. Back in the day when there was an issue with the plug in charger Apple corrected the problem and released the charger with a "green dot" signifying that the charger was a fixed one. If they deem these USB cables to be faulty then they might release later Lightning USB cables with a "green dot" signifying a fixed cable. Who knows. I was lucky because I removed mine relatively easily but others I've seen were not as lucky.