Lights Off! [sweet third party game]

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
Would be nice if we could download/install these games without voiding our warrenties though.

looks fun, everyday without an update modding becomes more appealing to me.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Would be nice if we could download/install these games without voiding our warrenties though.

looks fun, everyday without an update modding becomes more appealing to me.
omg just go and mod! its next to impossible to brick your iPhone!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
omg just go and mod! its next to impossible to brick your iPhone!
That's pretty much what got me to mod my phone.

Worst comes to worse, you restore your phone to factory settings and void nothing. I've got my restore ipsw ready to go, and once I hear word of a new firmware, I'm reflashing to defaults and pretending I wasn't sleeping in class.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I'm alittle leary because my first iPhone basically bricked and restore wasn't working at first. If that were to happen, and i tried to take it back I think Apple would considered my warranty voided.
"working at first" - I would assume that it did work eventually... is that the case?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
right, it took 7-8 tries to get it to finally restore. the other times it would fail with an unknown error.
Ah. But that's that's the point. It did restore. From what I understand, no one has been able to brick it.

Not trying to sound rude or anything, but I was the same way. I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. I had a little scare but it restored. It'll be ok. :laugh2:

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
yeah, trust me i'm tempted everyday too.

its not just the fact i'm scared of a brick/warranty void, its the fact that with every update i'm sure Apple will be aggressive in eliminating mods from iPhones. that's a lot of work to do just to have it all erased or my other option is to not update my iPhone to the latest version which i don't want to do either.

Sell224

Jul 5, 2007
Could someone explain to me how to get this onto my phone? I just did the everything in modmyiPhone.com for modding 101 for windows. I got a custom ringtone on the phone without any problems.. now I just have no idea how to get this program on.

It says Use iPHUC to upload Lights Off.app to the Applications folder on your iPhone. What the hell does that mean? I can do computers.. but I wasn't born with the knowledge on how this works.

Install SSH (or the alternate version) on your iPhone, and run the command: chmod +x "/Applications/Lights Off.app/LightsOff"

what does that mean..

keep in mind I have a PC