lil help

frizz

Bronze
Mar 25, 2008
Philly
I've asked earlier about how to get themes into my phone and why i can't find them, i could really use some help

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
do you have summerboard or customize installed? you can find themes in installer for summerboard and for customize you download themes inside the app, you can also manualy install themes via ssh

frizz

Bronze
Mar 25, 2008
Philly
do you have summerboard or customize installed? you can find themes in installer for summerboard and for customize you download themes inside the app, you can also manualy install themes via ssh

I have summerboard, used winscp, they show up on the phone in smb prefs but can't get them to work, am i doing something wrong?

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I have summerboard, used winscp, they show up on the phone in smb prefs but can't get them to work, am i doing something wrong?
Is your theme in a folder? Your theme needs to be at /var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes/(your theme)

Inside the folder of (your theme) it should have a folder named icons for all your icons, a wallpaper.png and a dock.png for you dock pic (if you have any). Wallpaper.png and dock.png should not be inside the icon folder.

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
dude, open installer and go to summerboard themes category and download them there and they will show up in summerboard, don`t go to crazy about installing them manualy if you are a begginer, read more about this topic if you want to add themes manualy

p.s. some of the themes don`t work and that`s another reason that they don`t show up in summerboard, also look for sources that have themes on them and install them from installer

frizz

Bronze
Mar 25, 2008
Philly
Is your theme in a folder? Your theme needs to be at /var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes/(your theme)

Inside the folder of (your theme) it should have a folder named icons for all your icons, a wallpaper.png and a dock.png for you dock pic (if you have any). Wallpaper.png and dock.png should not be inside the icon folder.
I went into the theme and moved the dock and wallpaper outside the icon folder and still am not getting anything

frizz

Bronze
Mar 25, 2008
Philly
dude, open installer and go to summerboard themes category and download them there and they will show up in summerboard, don`t go to crazy about installing them manualy if you are a begginer, read more about this topic if you want to add themes manualy

p.s. some of the themes don`t work and that`s another reason that they don`t show up in summerboard, also look for sources that have themes on them and install them from installer
I get really pis*ed when I know all the people have told me how to do this and it still doesn't work for some reason or another, I put them in the summerboard themes section of winscp and they show on the phone in smb prefs, but they don't install for some reason, now the other problem is I don't know how to d/l from installer, and if your going to tell me please,please tell me step by step what to do
thank you for all of your help this means a lot to me

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I forgot to ask you, do you have the summerboard theme fix? If not download it from ipod touched repo. If you don't have the ipod touched repo add this source in installer http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml. That will fix all your problems. Make sure to restart your phone afterwards. I don't know why I didn't mention this before I said all those things.