Limera1n JB Released

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
I'm waiting on dev team. They may delay greenp0ison to implement GeoHots exploit. SHAtter is being saved for another day. Besides, limera1n uses stolen, untested code so it's buggy and unreliable.

imotionb18

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Tx
I'm waiting on dev team. They may delay greenp0ison to implement GeoHots exploit. SHAtter is being saved for another day. Besides, limera1n uses stolen, untested code so it's buggy and unreliable.
Man I had a feeling that was going to happen. I can't blame them though. No need to waste an exploit that they worked so hard on.

winterymix

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
St. Albans, WV
Works fine on my iPhone4 with 4.1

I did have to restart my phone after I installed Cydia to get the icon to show up. No problems beyond that.

Lunfai

Bronze
Sep 16, 2010
Okay, Jailbreaked I think :S
Is it okay to uninstall LimeRa1n app? That icon is nasty

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
johnlt said:
No luck after 7 tries. All I got is this blank icon WTF
Have you rebooted?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Hope it works out ok for those who test it. I'll wait a few weeks before I upgrade to 4.1 and re JB.

If reports are true that comex asked geo to not release before green poison...I won't use this at all... Just on principle.

Comex should not have shared the untethering part if he didn't want it released.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
evolution83 said:
It's best to wait until GP is released. LR is buggy, but there are mixed results. Use at your own risk.
Which will now be delayed since Geohot swooped in before them and they don't want to burn a second bootrom exploit.

Last edited by a moderator:

engelke2010

Bronze
Mar 29, 2010
I have my SHSHs saved, so I will try out Limera1n and if I have any problems, I'll just use TU to restore to 4.01 and wait for GP

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
This was Copy and pasted off of Twitter....

Damn! Jailbreak drama is happening now. Limera1n iOS 4.1 jailbreak was released few minutes ago to jailbreak all devices for iOS 4.1 (we are posting guides, hold on) but we forgot about GreenPois0n jailbreak tomorrow. That's what I think, 'Limera1n totally screwed Greenpois0n' and why was that? just because a guy wanted to mess up the jailbreak community, he really wanted some attention.

The good thing that Chornic Dev Team & iPhone Dev Team thought very well about GreenPois0n release tomorrow. They decided to hold back SHAtter and not using it in GreenPois0n jailbreak, actually, they will try to patch Geohot's exploit in GreenPois0n jailbreak and they will try to give it tomorrow (I think they can't).
Of course and as expected, Geohot's Limera1n jailbreak is not working well with old bootrom devices and some users are also reporting that it doesn't work on iPhone 3GS new bootrom. We will back with how-to guides, just don't use Limera1n now, wait for our coverage.

crystus

Bronze
Jul 5, 2009
Deltona, FL
The same thing happened with Geo's last tool. He rushes stuff out instead of testing it. I consider anything he puts out to be a beta software.

Lunfai

Bronze
Sep 16, 2010
The blank icon is correct, run it and you'll run the app to install Cydia, install that and reboot and done :D

SNiiP3R

Bronze
May 2, 2008
This is what happens when people don't communicate as much as they should have. No need to point fingers now. Each team/individual wanted to release their own version, what instead they should have done is to talk to each other and decide on which exploit they will use for this release. don't expect any more tools, if the rest of the guys are smart they will hold on to their exploits.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If I use limera1n and it's buggy can I restore and all traces are gone like past jailbreaks?
Yes. As long as you have a 4.0 or 4.0.1 SHSH saved, you could just restore and downgrade and jailbreak with jailbreakme.com