LIMITING iPad FUNCTIONS

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Daryl Freeman, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Daryl Freeman

Daryl Freeman New Member

The other day I met with a potential client who was a supervisor at a mid-sized industrial facilitie. He was looking to have relevant documents loaded onto a set of 8 to 10 Ipads that he had yet to purchase. He was looking to hire me to load the documents onto the Ipads and to limit the functions on the Ipads so employees on the production floor could only view the company documents and not access any of the Ipads other functions. The way he described this was “neutering” the Ipad. Is there a way to do this? I have asked on another forum and so far no one knew of a way to do this. I would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks a lot.

2. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I think that's pretty easy to do. Check out Apple's resources for deploying iPad and iOS devices in the enterprise. In particular for what you've described I think you probably just need to work with the configuration utility.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

So how much of a cut do we get for telling you how to accomplish something your getting hired too do?

4. Max

Max New Member

Buddy on such queries u r always welcomed I don't need a cut a forum is a help to unknown friend , any way use FTP ON THE GO where u can transfer files over wifi , if don't afford to pay then get free version of OPLAYER HD which has FTP AND WEB SHARING U JUST NEED TO CONNECT ON SAME WIFI NETWORK AND GET ANY FILE U WANT TRANSFER RATE IS ARROUND 200mb / min

5. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Nice answer. Bonus points for having nothing whatsoever to do with the question asked.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator