Limitless

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Limitless[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-09-22[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH][/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Jake McDorman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jennifer Carpenter[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hill Harper[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Limitless, based on the feature film, is a fast-paced drama about Brian Finch, who discovers the brain-boosting power of the mysterious drug NZT and is coerced by the FBI into using his extraordinary cognitive abilities to solve complex cases for them. Working closely with Brian in the major case squad in New York City is Special Agent Rebecca Harris, a formidable investigator with a dark past, and Special Agent Boyle, a former military officer and Rebecca’s confidante. They report to Special Agent in Charge Nasreen “Naz” Pouran, a canny manipulator of the reins of power. Unbeknownst to the FBI, Brian also has a clandestine relationship with Senator Edward Mora, a presidential hopeful and regular user of NZT who has plans of his own for his new protégé. Fueled now with a steady supply of NZT that enables him to use 100% of his brain capacity, Brian is more effective than all of the FBI agents combined, making him a criminal’s worst nightmare and the greatest asset the Bureau has ever possessed.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The movie was pretty decent, in my opinion, so I'm hoping that the TV series wil not disappoint. Limitless will air on CBS starting Tuesday, September 22nd, 2015.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
It has Jennifer Carpenter from Dexter. That is a selling point for me. I'm going to add it to my watch list.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
This totally crappy show will not come back for a second season. I tried—I really did try—to give the show a chance, but, during its first (and, thankfully, only, season), each subsequent episode became more and more difficult to digest. I am so happy that this show has been cancelled. Am I suprrised? Absolutely not. The last few episodes of the first season were about as hard to digest as rocks. Thank God this show has been cancelled.

May 7, 2016
It had so much untapped potential but they didn't do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
This totally crappy show will not come back for a second season. I tried—I really did try—to give the show a chance, but, during its first (and, thankfully, only, season), each subsequent episode became more and more difficult to digest. I am so happy that this show has been cancelled. Am I suprrised? Absolutely not. The last few episodes of the first season were about as hard to digest as rocks. Thank God this show has been cancelled.
I absolutely agree with everything you said. I liked the movie and was excited to see Jennifer Carpenter in a new series. The first few episodes were descent and then it took a weird turn like Brian Finch was on acid when he took the NZT pills and it just got weird in his dreamlike sequences. I tried to overlook those scenes until I had enough and quit watching at about the halfway point. I am not surprised about the show cancellation.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I gave up on it halfway through the season. Too many other good shows on TV to waste time on underwhelming stuff like that. Jennifer Carpenter was the only reason I stayed that long, but her presence alone didn't end up being enough to pull it through and make it worth finishing. It was a good plot for a movie, but not enough for a long TV season.

Mamamia

Jan 10, 2017
I remember watching the first episode thinking they were going to make a weird version of the movie but I kind of like the direction they took it. Not a show I watch often but I do enjoy it. Makes be jealous of the idea of NZT. :p