Line Out Level

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 15, 2007
MA
Hey Guys

I usually use my XM inno to listen to music in the car through a casette player. Instead I wanted to try to use my iPhone to listen to my music, so I plugged it into the dock that came with it and then the line out to my casette. It was very very scratchy, how can I fix the line out level? I couldnt change volume limits as it was in the dock.

Thank you

Jul 15, 2007
MA
Anyone have any ideas or facing the same issue? Thanks!

Hey Guys

I usually use my XM inno to listen to music in the car through a casette player. Instead I wanted to try to use my iPhone to listen to my music, so I plugged it into the dock that came with it and then the line out to my casette. It was very very scratchy, how can I fix the line out level? I couldnt change volume limits as it was in the dock.

Thank you

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Hey Guys

Thank you
You can't change the volume level for line-out out of the dock. It is pretty loud for line-out though (just try it with headphones), so perhaps it just doesn't like your cassette adapter (impedance issue maybe?).

I'd say you have 3 options:
1.) Try a different cassette adapter.

2.) Plug it into the iPhone's headphone jack (either with an adapter, or by shaving down the plug on the cassette adapter). This offers higher volume than the line-out jack.

3.) Buy some sort of pre-amp (ugh! I wouldn't go for this option).

--
Mike