Line UP! Mophie's Juice Pack Air is coming!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
http://www.iPhonefreak.com/2009/02/...ir-worlds-thinnest-external-battery-case.html

"Mophie has recently announced a new external battery for the iPhone — the Juice Pack Air. This latest addition to their product lineup is not only an external battery, but also a case, it has also been described as “the worlds thinnest” external battery case. However, putting aside the measurements, the Juice Pack Air will offer up to an additional 270 hours in standby mode, 4.5 hours of 3G talk-time, 9 hours of 2G talk-time, 4.5 hours of 3G Internet use, 5.4 hours of Wi-Fi use, 20 hours of audio playback and 6 hours of video playback. For those looking for a comparison to the current Juice Pack 3G, the Juice Pack Air will offer slightly less extra power, of course it does offer full case protection.
Additionally, the Juice Pack Air also features an “innovative standby mode” that allows the user to determine when the extra power gets used. It also features the 4-LED indicator lights that current Juice Pack users have become familiar with. The Juice Pack Air also ships with a USB cable and has a USB ports that allows the user to charge both their Juice Pack and iPhone at the same time.
The Juice Pack Air is currently up for pre-order and is expected to be available in the Spring of 2009. It is retailing for $79.95 and will be available in your choice of black, white or purple. As a current Juice Pack 3G user, this latest announcement sounds like great news, now I just have to decide on which color to pre-order."

Emerica

Bronze
Feb 5, 2009
Can't wait. Sounds like a good investment.

What're your opinions?

ich0pz

Bronze
Nov 22, 2007
i am forsure gonna get one of these!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Can't wait. Sounds like a good investment.

What're your opinions?
I personally am I big Incase fan, and their Power Slider is on my radar (but I don't have the Scratch...Know what I'm saying'?)
If this is thinner, and by the pics in the article MUCH THINNER, I might just have to abandon my Power Slider dreams and grab one of these.

Emerica

Bronze
Feb 5, 2009
Exactly what I was thinking ;)

Specs look great! & with a soon release date.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Sounds great. The incase power slider just added to much bulk for me. I hope this turns out to be as good as it sounds.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
80$ and thiner or 100$ and thicker Hummm... Will it be in the Apple store? If so i think i will get one when some reviews come out. Thanks hawk.

map1978

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
I love it but too little too late. Spring 09? The new iPhone will be out 2 months later and I'm not gonna spend $85 for an accessory that I'm not gonna be able to use. Now if the new phone is the same size and this will fit...than I'm all in!

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I love it but too little too late. Spring 09? The new iPhone will be out 2 months later and I'm not gonna spend $85 for an accessory that I'm not gonna be able to use. Now if the new phone is the same size and this will fit...than I'm all in!

You are dead on and I agree.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well, here's a couple things to consider:
1) this battery case is going to be sold exclusively through mophies site and Apple stores, so IF there is going to be a new iPhone version, it would be safe to assume that mophie is prepared.
2) Apple has yet to indicate that a new phone is on the way. Even with 2007 and 2008 June releases, there still isn't enough info to say another version is coming.

map1978

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Well, here's a couple things to consider:
1) this battery case is going to be sold exclusively through mophies site and Apple stores, so IF there is going to be a new iPhone version, it would be safe to assume that mophie is prepared.
2) Apple has yet to indicate that a new phone is on the way. Even with 2007 and 2008 June releases, there still isn't enough info to say another version is coming.
There is definitely a new phone coming out this summer. Apple always improves there devices every year with new specs. It's a given, sorry.

ornurse

Nov 20, 2008
Wonder if I'll have to peel off my Zagg invisible shield to get that case to fit. Did anyone have to peel off their shield to get the original Mophie to fit?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I'm currently having major battery woes. I'm definitely getting one of these. :) And it comes in white! Which is why i don't have a power slider.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
just preordered it. anybody know a more specific release date on this thing?

Update: I just received an email from Mophie that they are expecting to send out the cases in the first week of April

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
I saw something like this at a Best Buy.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I saw something like this at a Best Buy.
Yes, that was the incase Power Slider. It's much bulkier than this one, but about 2 times the thickness.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
I am definitely getting one of these. I debated with the incase powerslider but the size differential sold me. The incase does provide a bit more juice, no pun intended, but the size really detracts from that case in my opinion.

Power, lack of mms and lack of cut and paste are really the only things missing from this great phone and I can live without mms and cut/paste. Color me happy on this one!

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
When I look at the picture of the mophie air a see what appears to be an iPhone on the right and the iPhone in the mophie aire on the left.

The left picture does not look small to me...in looks the same as the incase.

How are you making the determination that it is smaller than the incase?

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Valid question zip zap. I certainly have not seen a juice air in person. I am basing my opinion, and it is just that...my opinion...off the dimensions posted for each.

For example:
iPhone - 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.48

original juice pack - 4.9 x 2.5 x 0.75

incase power slider - 5.1 x 2.6 x 0.86

juice pack air - 4.9 x 2.59 x 0.75

So while not a significant difference it is still smaller than the incase if the posted dimensions for both are correct on their websites.

I currently use a sleeve from case mate that I got at the AT&T store when I purchased my iPhone. The Juice Pack Air will be longer but more narrow than the sleeve I currently use and about the same depth so that also contributed to my more favorable view of the air. Hope that helps.