Lines (woodfield mall IL)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chimpster23, Sep 29, 2011.

1. chimpster23

chimpster23 Member
    Bronze

Hey guys

Been an crazy iPhone fan since '07..I used to have an account here but it seems it's been deleted. Any who I've never parked myself in a line at Apple. Does anyone have any assumptions on how this is going to work for the i5 in terms of how early people need to be there and what the process is? Perhaps experienced iPhone 4 users can share their 2 cents? I also had a question regarding IOS5 and the cloud..when I get the new phone will it just automatically sync all my information as soon as I connect to the cloud or will it allow me to manually use on the items I want to add.

2. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Those people are crazy waiting in those lines! :)

I preordered my iPhone 4 last year and got it the day before it was released at the stores. I don't think I would ever wait in a line for the iPhone. Not that its not worth it, its just the lines are so LONG!

3. chimpster23

chimpster23 Member
    Bronze

wiat what?

you can do that? so your saying all I have to do is preorder my iPhone online and it will ship a day before it's supposed it even come out? Hell I rather do that than take a day off work if it's possible. I just read somewhere that some people preorder and still have to go wait in line (a separate section) and they are guaranteed a phone as long as they came early enough.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Why wait in line you can have it delivered for free the day before release day? It's just so illogical to me. I hate waiting in lines. My 3GS and iPhone 4 were delivered before noon. The 3GS was on release day the iPhone 4 was a day early. I slept in and saved gas money. Can't beat that.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, they chose in-store pickup rather than free home delivery.

6. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

You just made this guy's year! :)

7. chimpster23

chimpster23 Member
    Bronze

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I want to wait in line.....but just because I never get to talk to fellow iPhone geeks like me unless I am here of course...not that I call you geeks if it offends you . Anyway I do want to wait just for the fun of it. I may preorder and still go and hang at the store ?

9. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I think being a geek now is kind of cool compared to when we were kids in the 80's, 70's and 60's, although I personally can't comment on the 60's since I wasn't born yet, lol.