Link to 2.2 Download?

Mike12000

Bronze
Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
Does anyone know the link to directly download the 2.2 update from Apple, bypassing i-Tunes? I've been attempt to download through iTunes for the last 24 hours and eventually keep getting the "network connection timed out" message. I saw the link for 2.0 in another thread so was hoping maybe someone might have 2.2. Thanks.

Mike12000

Bronze
Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
OK, I just found a link on QuickPWN, but my understanding is I would have to save it to the correct folder so that Apple/iTunes recoginizes that I have it. Can someone tell me where that is? I checked through my Apple folders but couldn't find a file for 2.1, so I'm stuck. Thanks.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
So you found it in QuickPwn? If so, that's a file already existing on your drive. Just select it and jailbreak and/or unlock with it, if that's what you're attempting to do.

Mike12000

Bronze
Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thanks for the reply, Lincoln. What I meant was I found a link on the QuickPwn website to d/l 2.2 independent of iTunes. My phone isn't jailbroken.

But I called AppleCare also this morning and based on my conversation with the tech, I clicked "download and install" instead of "download only" on iTunes and I left my iPhone on the dock connected to my computer as a possible solution. It worked, I just finished successfuly installing 2.2 on my phone, so I'm now back to being a happy iCamper!