Link troubles?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
When I click on links in this forum it seems to bring me to the EverythingiPhone home-page half of the time. It is happening at work and at home. Is this happening to anyone else?

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
me to.

At least when I try to open a thread in a new tab in Safari. Seems ot vary by thread. If I just click on the link and open it in the same window it seems ot work all the time.

- SR

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sorry guys. I'm aware of the situation and looking to find a resolution ASAP. There are two developers involved and both seem to point in the other direction. If it's not resolved soon, we'll revert back to the old web server software. Hoping to fix it and not have to do that, but we'll see.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience. I agree, it's very annoying.

-Chris

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
Sorry guys. I'm aware of the situation and looking to find a resolution ASAP. There are two developers involved and both seem to point in the other direction. If it's not resolved soon, we'll revert back to the old web server software. Hoping to fix it and not have to do that, but we'll see.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience. I agree, it's very annoying.

-Chris
Thanks Chris. 80)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just sent a support email to the web server software guys. It's pretty expensive software, but I've yet to purchase, so they are inclined to help resolve this issue. I hope to have the problem resolved sooner than later.

I'll update everyone here when fixed.

-Chris

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Yeah, its not that big of a deal. Not like the site doesn't work at all or anything. Besides there aren't really any other sites dedicated to iPhone. Well, any other good sites anyway. ;-)

- SR

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It is a nuisance, but hope to have it fixed soon. Yet another upgrade happening to the web server this afternoon that "should" fix the problem. BTW, this software is supposed to reduce the load on the server during very busy times (ie. June 29th). So, while it's a slight hassle today, the big payoff should come on the 29th when this site doesn't slow down to a crawl.;)

-Chris

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
^ or not display at all :0 *knock on wood.
Nothing worse than seeing the homepage saying, "Could not connect to the database, please contact the server admin" when it's YOUR site.

I think the worse was MacWorld. I was on a "baby server" that was shared. It got completely destroyed by the traffic and they banned me for abuse. Over the span of 2 days I moved servers 2 or 3 times.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
This problem started occuring after chris performed the upgrades it seems. The problem began happening for me on that day, from all browsers.