Linking Apps in Texts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
What I do is when on the app page in the store I hit the tell a friend button and copy the link from the email and put it into my text.

Just tried this to double check and it should work as long as the person is using an iPhone of course.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
When you click on the link, initially you'll be taken to Apple's website and then you will be prompted to open in the App Store.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Not for me. It opens right away in app store. Even closed app store app and tried it. Still worked. Is that a UK thing maybe?
You could be right, I'm not too sure. I've always had a little pop-up then the App Store opens. I'll try and recreate it now.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The only times I've had the Apple website pop up for that is every once in a while when clicking a link in safari for an app from a web page.
That's the pop-up I see. It then opens some form of webpage, renders then opens the App Store.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm thinking it is a UK thing. Do you guys have a different app store. Like Canada does?
Every country has a slightly different App Store. I know that there are apps that you guys have that us Brits download and vice versa. The differences are only small, though. Everything still looks the same.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Yep Ginny (CanadianNemo) same thing. Crazy Canadians. Lol
My uncle moved to Canada two years ago. He loves it. I'm planning on head out there next year for a couple of weeks.

I'll have my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 full of apps to keep me happy whilst I'm away :)

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
My uncle moved to Canada two years ago. He loves it. I'm planning on head out there next year for a couple of weeks.

I'll have my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 full of apps to keep me happy whilst I'm away :)
Optimist I like it. Canada is beautiful. I live about two hours away. I don't even need a passport to go to and from. Enhanced drivers license.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Optimist I like it. Canada is beautiful. I live about two hours away. I don't even need a passport to go to and from. Enhanced drivers license.
I think I'd need more of than a driving license to get me, the wife to be and our un-born son into Canada. :D