Linksys-B router

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I have a wireless-B router at my house and everytime my iPhone connects, it only shows 2 bars of WiFi signal. Is this because iPhone is meant for "G" routers? My MacBook Pro connects with full signal strength so I don't know why my iPhone doesn't. I've tried reseting the router and everything but nothing seems to work. Also, does anybody know if this jeopardizes my battery life since it doesn't have full connectivity? Any info would help!

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Full strength for G is 54, and your iPhone is only seeing 11, full strength for B. I think the iPhones bars are related to single strength while you macbookpro can actually tell you are on B.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I have a wireless-B router at my house and everytime my iPhone connects, it only shows 2 bars of WiFi signal. Is this because iPhone is meant for "G" routers? My MacBook Pro connects with full signal strength so I don't know why my iPhone doesn't. I've tried reseting the router and everything but nothing seems to work. Also, does anybody know if this jeopardizes my battery life since it doesn't have full connectivity? Any info would help!
You didn't mention how far from the router you were. If you are right next to the router or in the same room, I would take the phone out of any case you have it in and hold it by the top and see if that makes a difference. I found that on mine if I hold the phone securely in my hand I am blocking the antenna that is at the bottom of the phone behind the black panel. When I hold it by the top of the phone I gain another bar on my WiFi. Not sure that is what is happening here but that is what I have noticed.