Linksys router, password issues

JWBurns

Oct 1, 2007
I have a Linksys router that works flawlessly with my laptop here at home. My iPhone recognizes my router and asks for a password which I've entered, but it's telling me the password I have entered is incorrect.

Do I need to manually enter all of the information such as ip address, subnet mask, router, dns info ect? Or is there something else I am missing?

I am a real newbie at technology, so thanks for your patience.

Jason

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Disable the security for a second and see if the iPhone connects. If it does
re-enable the security and try again. If does still not work try to simply the password.

I was having trouble passing passwords to my router at work when the password was full of #$*(*^&^&%$%^ characters. But once I changed it to just numbers and letters it worked fine.

JWBurns

Oct 1, 2007
Well I cut the security off on the router and wifi worked on the phone. Turned it back on, entered the password, and still no luck. Sould I be entering the 10 digit key as the password, or the password I use to log into the router with?

sp33d

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
Well I cut the security off on the router and wifi worked on the phone. Turned it back on, entered the password, and still no luck. Sould I be entering the 10 digit key as the password, or the password I use to log into the router with?

you have to enter the 10 digit key not the password you used to log into router. You can find it on your wireless settings page or security page.

brandon5

Feb 26, 2009
question,

i just got a new linksys router, its wireless however, the password on it is 6 digits and my ipod requires 8 digits to join, idk what to do, should i change the password on the router to an 8 digit one then try ?

i just got a new linksys router, its wireless however, the password on it is 6 digits and my ipod requires 8 digits to join, idk what to do, should i change the password on the router to an 8 digit one then try ?
Brandon, your router password is not the password needed to connect wirelessly. It needs your wireless password entered in the wireless config. Are you sure that is what you are using?