Linux for iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pr0xy122

Aug 7, 2007
Alright guys, so how much do you want to bet that there will be a Linux for iPhone, they have done it with like every form of consumer electronic device that exists?

I cannot wait, I love Linux

Alright guys, so how much do you want to bet that there will be a Linux for iPhone, they have done it with like every form of consumer electronic device that exists?

I cannot wait, I love Linux

Their's not really a point. The iPhone is already running a version of OSX which is a "sibbling" to Linux both having the same parent of Unix. The main reason I made the switch to OSX from Windows was because of the Unix underpinning while still having the best interface and support of programs I need to use like the Adobe Suite, etc.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
but it is a limited version of OS X.
You think Gnome/KDE and full blown linux is going to run on the iPhone? If hackers do get Linux working, it'll be just as likely limited (if not more limited) than what's already on the iPhone. Sorry, I can't imagine dumping MobileSafari on the phone to run a miniature Firefox or whatever...

qryptiq

Jul 21, 2007
i would just like to be able to run linux/unix services and apps on the iPhone

as linkerjpatrick stated:
The iPhone is already running a version of OSX which is a "sibbling" to Linux both having the same parent of Unix.

pr0xy122

Aug 7, 2007
You think Gnome/KDE and full blown linux is going to run on the iPhone? If hackers do get Linux working, it'll be just as likely limited (if not more limited) than what's already on the iPhone. Sorry, I can't imagine dumping MobileSafari on the phone to run a miniature Firefox or whatever...
Yeah, I guess. But its always nice