List the Things not Mentioned in The Keynote - 6s + iOS9

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Michael Baturin, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

A few things I've found that are interesting.
    • According to Apple's Website, the 6s will not only have the 3D Touch, but it will provide subtle haptic feedback along with the force touch. This means it will work similar to the trackpad on the new Macbooks.
    • Dynamic Wallpapers. At the same link above, there is a section that shows iOS 9 will include dynamic wallpapers. Live Pictures can be used as Wallpapers. They mentioned this would be in the Watch OS as an option, but I don't recal them mentioning it's availability on the 6s. Hopefully battery isn't hit too hard here.
    • Faster LTE and Faster Wifi - Apple's Website Here
    • 4K Video recording isn't QUITE 4K @ (3840 by 2160). Also "4K" is only available at 30fps. So don't count on taking that 4K Action or Sports video - blur might be somewhat obvious. 1080p is available at 60fps.
    What else has anyone found? Hardware (6s) or software iOS 9

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Smaller battery for the new phones?

I remember faster LTE being mentioned, I'm pretty sure.

9cJcxWQ.png

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There is a slightly smaller battery in the iPhone 6s (1715 mAh) than what the iPhone 6 has (1810 mAh), but it is supposed to last as long as the 6 due to improved energy efficiency with the A9X chip. They did it to make room for Taptic engine.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

2G of RAM in the 6s and 6s Plus.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I don't recall this being specifically addressed in yesterday's keynote:

The M9 motion coprocessor chip keeps Siri "always on"—activate her by saying "Hey Siri" whenever iPhone 6s is nearby.

From Apple's site:

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 3.58.48 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

7. Michael Baturin

Gold

Nice find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

That resolution is considered Ultra HD (4K).

I'm wondering if the 4k will have image stabilization.

9. Michael Baturin

Gold

From Wikipedia

"A 4K resolution, as defined by Digital Cinema Initiatives, is 4096 x 2160 pixels (256:135, approximately a 1.9:1 aspect ratio). This standard is widely respected by the film industry along with all other DCI standards.[2]

DCI 4K should not be confused with ultra-high-definition television (UHDTV) AKA "UHD-1", which has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 (16:9, or approximately a 1.78:1 aspect ratio). Many manufacturers may advertise their products as UHD 4K, or simply 4K, when the term 4K is traditionally reserved for the cinematic, DCI resolution.[3][4] This often causes great confusion among consumers."

So it's a lesser version of true 4K which is 4000+ pixels horizontally.

10. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I don't think DCI 4k is even advertised anywhere. Do 4K TV manufacturers even advertised the difference. You would think that would be a good selling point.

11. Michael Baturin

Gold

It's probably not because the normal person wouldn't know what it means, nor would they care. I just hate when a standard is created (like 4K meaning 4096 x 2160 pixels) and then another hijacks the standard with a lesser deliverable aka (UHDTV) AKA "UHD-1".

Same happened when 4G LTE came out. No one knew there was a difference between 4G and LTE. People assumed there was just a 4th generation of cellular connectivity. So before all carriers were offering LTE, others would advertise their 4G networks and consumers would sign contracts not knowing they were getting a slower network than what some others had to offer. The false advertising lines are often towed very finely....

Same thing happening now with 4G LTE vs LTE-Advanced. Consumer education is purposefully pushed aside in favor of making carriers money by advertising to the technologically ignorant. Wow that was a mouthful. Rant completed.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I gave your rant a like. That's all you need. :)

13. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

14. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

15. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

It was mentioned in the demo. I always found it a nuisance that you have to keep the charger plugged In or hold down the home button to activate Siri.

16. Lunfai

Lunfai Member
    Bronze

I think it's tri core. A little hard to believe they would jump to quad. The A9 should be comparable to the A8X.

17. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

The chat screenie says quad core. Why say differently?

18. Lunfai

Lunfai Member
    Bronze

Because I tend to doubt what the apple support know and it just makes sense that the A9 has a tri core processor instead of a fabled quad. Even though he did state graphics or processor, I think the support agent was wrong. Also: [​IMG]
    P.s. Hi Honda haven't you seen for a while but that's because I've need absent on this forum (looks at signature) *lol*

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The "quad-core" reply seems a little sketchy to me.

20. Lunfai

Lunfai Member
    Bronze

Yepp just doesn't make sense when even the iPad Air 2 features a tri core processor and I highly doubt the A9 will sport a quad like the iPad Pro.