list your iPhone issues here....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

travis1919

Jul 2, 2007
let me start off this by saying i love my iPhone so far so i do not mean to start this as a bashing thread but who knows maybe someone might get the memo at Apple and do something to change this. or even one of our issues can be solved and we just don't know about yet.

well here they are...
(no particular order)

1. ringer volume low.
2. not able to change text or email ringer. (way too low, imo)
3. no ringtones.
3. iPod turnes off when typing something in safari.
4. safari has randomly closed a few times on me.
5. found it a little more difficult to upload songs that i would have liked. i wish it was more like the original iPod.

DHNF

Jul 1, 2007
let me start off this by saying i love my iPhone so far so i do not mean to start this as a bashing thread but who knows maybe someone might get the memo at Apple and do something to change this. or even one of our issues can be solved and we just don't know about yet.

well here they are...
(no particular order)

1. ringer volume low.
2. not able to change text or email ringer. (way too low, imo)
3. no ringtones.
3. iPod turnes off when typing something in safari.
4. safari has randomly closed a few times on me.
5. found it a little more difficult to upload songs that i would have liked. i wish it was more like the original iPod.
6. Can't delete songs, or drop and drag songs or videos onto the phone, they have to be synched with iTunes. Lame.
7. No voice dialing.
8. Slow internet access outside of WiFi
9. Speakerphone volume is terrible even on the highest possible setting.
10. Email only checks every 15 minutes at the fastest setting. Why in the heck does my wife get instant emails on her absolutely ancient brick of a Blackberry?

travis1919

Jul 2, 2007
You can type in Safari while listening to iPod.
just tried it three more times, each time it cut off and went back to the main screen.

but ive notived i can type in my site with the keyboard without my music cutting off but when my site has something to type in (i.e. login for myspace) as soon as the keyboard pulls up my music quits on me.

acedj1

Jul 2, 2007
As a long time Treo user I'm finding that the iPhone does a lot of the same things that the Treo could do (google maps, text messaging as a chat, pictures, music, video) it just does it WAY cooler.

A couple of things I wish it would do (that Treo does) are sending texts to more than one person and the "search" option. Just type in a word and it finds all occurrences of that word on your phone (in contacts, calendar etc)

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I love the little thing, but a few things are really taking the joy out of it.
1. Low speaker volumes. Speaker phone is almost useless.
2. I absolutely HATE the headset. Not it's functionality. It just won't stay put in my ears. Drives me nuts!
3. Not really a fault of the phone, but will not allow me to send email via my Roadrunner account when on EDGE.
4. No voice dialing.

alpinelegacy06

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
just tried it three more times, each time it cut off and went back to the main screen.

but ive notived i can type in my site with the keyboard without my music cutting off but when my site has something to type in (i.e. login for myspace) as soon as the keyboard pulls up my music quits on me.
weird... i tried myspace and facebook and logged in at the site and it worked fine. try shutting off your iPhone for 30 secs then turn it back on. hope this helps.

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
1. Bluetooth turns itself off when the phone goes into sleep mode.... making BT connections to car systems unworkable.

2. Yahoo push email does not work consistently.... sometimes it is 30 minutes to get a new message....sometimes seconds.

3. No ability to specify a different reply-to address in email

datafirm

Jul 3, 2007
No message indicator light
IMAP IDLE does not work with some mail servers or custom accounts
No search feature
No copy/paste
No filter for contacts

lmoney24

Jun 29, 2007
hmmm...

so okay i may be the only one who has experienced this problem but my iPhone holds the worst charge ive ever seen... like i was talkin on the phone for the last few hours, while plugged in, i unplug it and it was exactly in the same spot as i left it, d*mn near dead... maybe its jus my phone but it jus seems like it cant wait to die on me.. and on a side note, do u think if i were to reply back to Apple with this problem they would do anything or would they simply point and laugh at another hapless consumer.... :mad:

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Headphone jack not working properly going to Apple store Tuesday hopefully getting a new phone, It's time to see if there exchange program go into effect, i gave my razr to my 3 year old. So no extra phone if i get any flack i will have the box and receipt for a refund. This is a very expensive investment not only for me but for everyone who bought one. Will post later on my findings.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
No Voice Dialing

Speaker volume is useable, but not in a noisy environment. Definitely needs a boost to be useful if I'm at a sports event, etc.

No To Do List app? wtf?

But here's what I think: Apple is the master at giving you a package that has most of what you need, but not necessarily all....but then they design that package to make is simpler and more fun to use than any other competing porduct on the market. I'm pretty confident that many many of these quibles will be addressed with updates in the next couple of months.

And man...I'll be the first in line for iPhone ver 2. I don't care how much $$ I'm contributing to Apple's bottom line, when the next version comes out, it is seriously gonna rock, since THAT package will have nearly ALL of the things I want, but again in that beautiful, simple interface that Apple excels at.

iPhone-Planet

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
I don't know for sure what happened, but this is what I "think" happened when no charge seemed to be happening for me like the poster above. I was leaving my dock plugged in all the time and placed my phone in it. It seemed like it never charged at all after a half hour, so I started messing with it to see what was up.
I unplugged the dock thinking maybe my outlet had a problem and when I plugged it back in and placed my phone in it, voila! It showed the battery and was charging!

So don't really know for sure the answer but do know how to make it work.

howardes

Jul 3, 2007
Low Volume

The volume on my iPhone is FAR too low for me to be able to get much use from the phone without using the earbuds. Both the bottom speaker on the phone and the internal top speaker that you put up to your ear are worthless if Apple can not make these louder.

There is nothing covering my speakers or the mic and the iPod function is plenty loud through the bottom speaker. When I use the earbuds for phone calls, all is fine.

I tested 3 demo iPhones at our Apple store and they were just as low volume as mine is. The Apple Rep person said that he thought the iPhones were "very" low volume also, but he did note that there was a "little" background noise in the store.

Other Issue: Of the 4 iPhones I have used now, all 4 have a problem with the speakerphone in that the party I call (several different persons), all complain of echo problems to the point that no one would stay on the line with me for more than a minute or two. Not even my Mom!

Now for the good news...

I really like the rest of the phone, I have ordered a Bluetooth - might help with the speaker problems and LOW VOLUME problems.

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Headphone jack not working properly going to Apple store Tuesday hopefully getting a new phone, It's time to see if there exchange program go into effect, i gave my razr to my 3 year old. So no extra phone if i get any flack i will have the box and receipt for a refund. This is a very expensive investment not only for me but for everyone who bought one. Will post later on my findings.
I took my phone to the Apple store with an appointment of course the genius plugged in his headphone shook his head and went and got me a new 8gb and gave me the new headphones also. ;)