listening to music while making a call?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 16, 2007
you are in the middle of a call and get bored?
try to hit the home button, select iPod and play your favorite tune

tried to do it:
but only you can hear the music. the person who is calling you won't heart
anything except you talking.

Is there a way to playback music during a call and let the caller hear what you are listening to?

sto907

Sep 1, 2007
Anchorage, ALASKA

tried to do it:

Is there a way to playback music during a call and let the caller hear what you are listening to?

yeah, it works.. i tried it with my roommate, i was in the other room and played a song, put his phone on speaker, and went in and listened, i heard it, of course, it ain't going to be super clear, but it was clear enough to understand.. pretty neat!

Sep 16, 2007
yeah, it works.. i tried it with my roommate, i was in the other room and played a song, put his phone on speaker, and went in and listened, i heard it, of course, it ain't going to be super clear, but it was clear enough to understand.. pretty neat!
during the call you played a song and put the iPhone on speaker?
your roommate could hear the music playing on your iPhone through the phone? is that's what you are saying?

sto907

Sep 1, 2007
Anchorage, ALASKA
during the call you played a song and put the iPhone on speaker?
your roommate could hear the music playing on your iPhone through the phone? is that's what you are saying?
I guess I could have worded that better. I called his phone from my iPhone, (obviously) and i then went into the ipod, picked a song and let it play, and left my iPhone in my room, went into his room and he put it on speaker so we could both hear, and yeah, we could hear the music through his phone! Would make sense being that the speaker is right next to the mic! try it out one day, it's pretty fun! haha

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA

tried to do it:

That's kinda rude, isn't it? If I call you, I want you to listen to me, not your music.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Well, this is pretty cool. As a musician, I can see myself uploading a demo of a song I'm working on to have others listen to and critique over the phone...

There's got to be a bunch of other useful applications to this...

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
this works pretty good for me. i was talking to a friend talking about songs and she happened to be trying to explain a song to me and i thought i had a feeling it was a particular song i had on my iPhone. i told her to hold on and played it and she could hear it perfectly. i had the earbuds on and i just played the song. downside is you cant hear the other person. still pretty neat i guess, rude though if you just do it cause you get bored.

Sep 16, 2007
volume adjustment

ti had the earbuds on and i just played the song. downside is you cant hear the other person.
thanks for the info, that is interesting. couldn't you hear the other person at all or could it be caused by the volume level of your music

that leads to the question: Can you adjust the volume of calls and the volume
of music separately?

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
thanks for the info, that is interesting. couldn't you hear the other person at all or could it be caused by the volume level of your music

that leads to the question: Can you adjust the volume of calls and the volume
of music separately?
i could barely hear the other person at all. i guess cause the music volumem was a bit high but i did try to adjust the music volume lower but it also lowered the volume of the phone call...im not sure if you can adjust each one individually but we are able to then that would be awesome.:cool: