Little help needed

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I just jailbreaked my 1.1.4 iPhone a little while ago and was trying to do a restore so I first hit the "Refurbish" key in ZiPhone but it keeps getting stuck. I trying restoring through iTunes but it keeps giving me an error about how the phone failed to be able to restore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: still need help.

My iPhone will not get recognized by iTunes, when I reboot in recovery mode I get an unknown error "iPhone cannot restore".

Now ZiPhone 2.5 will not open. =/

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
When i put it in the rocover mode it still wont restore through iTunes. It gets stuck at the "preparing iPhone for restore". and then shows an error.

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
turn your phone off and hold down the home button while connecting the phone to the dock connector. Hold down the home button until you see the white plug on the screen of the phone.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
turn your phone off and hold down the home button while connecting the phone to the dock connector. Hold down the home button until you see the white plug on the screen of the phone.
I did that. (are you talking about the connector with an arrow towards an iTunes icon?)

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
also open up the ziPhone program and under advanced features click on normal mode and the phone should boot up, then you can restore it with iTunes. (clicking on DFU mode should also make it restorable through iTunes)

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
also open up the ziPhone program and under advanced features click on normal mode and the phone should boot up, then you can restore it with iTunes. (clicking on DFU mode should also make it restorable through iTunes)
Tryed normal mode and it didn't seee it in the iTunes area. Now it cant see it at all. ZiPhone can still see it though.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Now ZiPhone won't open for me and iTunes cannot see my phone... Its unlocked and working fine right now though.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Bump, still need help.

My iPhone will not get recognized by iTunes, when I reboot in recovery mode I get an unknown error "iPhone cannot restore".

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
check the following -

- you are using a USB 2.0 port

- your iTunes is at least 7.6

and then restart computer.

if that doesn't work, try DFU mode to restore.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
check the following -

- you are using a USB 2.0 port

- your iTunes is at least 7.6

and then restart computer.

if that doesn't work, try DFU mode to restore.
Restarting the comupter did nothing. When I try to use ZiPhone to put my phone into DFU mode is just keeps searching for the phone but cant find it.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
do it manually.

connect to computer
press and hold home and sleep until everything dissappears from screen, then keep holding home. Screen should be black, as in should not light up, but iTunes will recognize it in a sec.

that's DFU mode.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
do it manually.

connect to computer
press and hold home and sleep until everything dissappears from screen, then keep holding home. Screen should be black, as in should not light up, but iTunes will recognize it in a sec.

that's DFU mode.
Ok I hold down both buttons and then the screen goes black, release the power button then continue to hold the home button, then it goes to the iTunes icon, but i still get the same restore error.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
again. screen should not turn on.

hold them together for 10 seconds. then release sleep.
It shows the power off screen, then a blank screen, then the Apple logo, then back to a blank screen (all while holding both). Is this when I release the power button and continue to hold the home button?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I didn't notice the OP state which version of iTune they are on. This is critical.

Please goto Help>Check for Update.

My sister was in this very same boat with her iPhone. She brought it over and realized my iTunes was current as opposed to hers. She did the /palmface move when she saw my iTunes restore her phone in a matter of minutes. Followed that with another ZiPhone 2.5c JB and we were back in action.

Just an FYI, she literally ripped her iPhone from her computer during a ZiPhone refurbish cycle. From there she tried to restore from iTunes and thats where everything went down hill for her.

My experience has been that I think Apple sends you a prize if you can manage to brick an iPhone, they're extremely resilient.