Little rant from someone who doesn't have iPhone yet

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I can't believe all the negatives I am reading about the phone. I don't even have mine yet and I already love it (haha, if that makes sense) I know that I am going to be completely satisfied with it for one reason. Internet in your pocket! HELLO! It's worth the price for me right there, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. I mean come on, that is such an awesome feature to have the net on you at all times! Everything else is just a bonus! I can see where people are coming from with some of the complaints, like phones not functioning properly, etc.. I would be furious too if I paid $600 for something that didn't work properly. But to completely bash the phone and its functions is ridiculous, as it's such a revolutionary device. Maybe I need to actually get mine before judging, but so far from what I read, I'm going to love mine!

iwantaniphonenow

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
yes its pretty awesome. before i got mine i was reading all of these complaints but i was thinking the opposite of you. i was soo excited to get one but i had my mind thinking "i know somethign will be messed up with mine but i don't care"...so far no hugeeeee problems..but who knows...STILL with all of the problems people have had it seems that they have gotten them returned and fixed or just deal with them...still is a great phone

lectioneer

Jul 1, 2007
I can't believe all the negatives I am reading about the phone. I don't even have mine yet and I already love it (haha, if that makes sense) I know that I am going to be completely satisfied with it for one reason. Internet in your pocket! HELLO! It's worth the price for me right there, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. I mean come on, that is such an awesome feature to have the net on you at all times! Everything else is just a bonus! I can see where people are coming from with some of the complaints, like phones not functioning properly, etc.. I would be furious too if I paid $600 for something that didn't work properly. But to completely bash the phone and its functions is ridiculous, as it's such a revolutionary device. Maybe I need to actually get mine before judging, but so far from what I read, I'm going to love mine!
If you will accept conversation - I agree with you on attitude. My thoughts are that if you can afford the pleasure of an iPhone you can most likely afford a Mac-mini or Mini-Mac. I have dealt with both Windows and Apple, and I, after many years, am beginning to deal with the thought of learning the Mac. It has done wonders for the iPhone and syncing but it took some time and is certainly not what I expected to have to do. With "Vista" syncing was not a positive thing and the results showed as do the responses to many threads here. I lost wifi sitting next to my router - it being replaced by the big E. There goes battery life and speed. I gave up and have spent the better part of a day entering addresses to "Address Book" and appointments to "iCal". I love the phone and am willing to make some adjustments. I don't seriously believe that Apple and Microsoft will ever work smoothly together - just enough to interest you in their product. It's a great phone, Mac is difficult for a Windows bred user, but it's only up to you. This life is not automatic.

Good luck in your efforts.

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com
I got my first macbook two months ago

I bought my first mac book two months ago then bought my iPhone the day it was released, and then one week later I bought the iMac I'm typing this post on. I am THROUGH with microsoft products, it will be all and only Apple for me from here on.

My phone is working perfectly, and rather than bitching about the features it doesn't have I"m enjoying the hell out of it while I look forward to any updates that come along. I couldn't recommend this phone with any more enthusiasm!

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I bought my first mac book two months ago then bought my iPhone the day it was released, and then one week later I bought the iMac I'm typing this post on. I am THROUGH with microsoft products, it will be all and only Apple for me from here on.
X's 2! I got my first mac product (imac) about 2 months ago and couldn't be happier. They truly are plug n play, and easy to use!
I am an Apple convert!

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I have always used PC, but do want to make the switch to Apple/mac. any suggestions for a good Apple desktop? heck i'll even switch to a laptop, so any suggestions would be great. thanks!

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
i got mine a week after iday so i read everybodies posts on here saying how they didn't like it and how they had problems. all those people talking about how much they hated it and all alomst talked me out of buying one. but i got one anyway, greatest thing ive ever had. i love it, wouldn't trade it for anything. and im getting rid of my dell laptop and switching to a macbook as soon as i get enough money, i hate pc's after i used my sisters macbook pro.

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
I have always used PC, but do want to make the switch to Apple/mac. any suggestions for a good Apple desktop? heck i'll even switch to a laptop, so any suggestions would be great. thanks!
i to am a pc user :( but have used a mac book, mac book pro, and an imac. whatever you can afford they are all awesome. id wait until leopard comes out, in october i think.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
Get the newest iMac, I would wait until OS X Leopard comes out though (their newest os, and i'm not sure when it comes out) so you might want to check on that. Macs are more expensive but well worth the money.

D1CK1E

Jul 1, 2007
I love my iPhone. The negative media will die down once the iPhone proves itself as the people's choice... which it seems to have already. Actually why the hell is there so much negative media around this thing? Hahaha.

Anyway, it's worth every cent.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ

My phone is working perfectly, and rather than bitching about the features it doesn't have I"m enjoying the hell out of it while I look forward to any updates that come along. I couldn't recommend this phone with any more enthusiasm!

Once you go MAC you never go back.

While im on a pc now My next device will be Apple's. I would have gotten one this year but with the iPhone comming out I decided on that instead because when I go to college in 2 years I don't want a 2 year old laptop. I will get the best one Apple has at that time.