Live Clock app? Really?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Booyow1204, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Okay I feel totally dumb for posting this but today I was just staring at my phone and ended up focused on my clock app not sure why.

To my astonishment the second hand on the clock app actually moves!

I know I'm totally a first class passenger on the late freight but my question is has anyone else noticed this? Or not noticed this? Has this been a part of a recent update? or just here all along? I'm just floored at the neatness of the minute detail of a second hand that actually moves on my little iPhone 5 screen. (Not that little).

And yes I'm impressed by this....lol

Thoughts anyone?

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1388790751.526858.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1388790763.296257.jpg

#1 Booyow1204, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  2. lancer_325

lancer_325 Member
    Bronze

Yep it's part of the ios7 update. Kinda neat but eventually you don't seem to notice it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Pretty cool, I just now noticed it so it intrigued me. Totally neat how I've been an Apple user for over 3yrs and I keep discovering new things.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I remember seeing that early on and some were complaining that Apple didn't do that with the Weather app. Would have been nice to have auto updating temperature.

5. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Ya that's true. I see how they could have done like a live/auto update w/the weather. I think the thing w/the weather app is they added the live background to match the weather for the area instead of using like an automatic temp on it.

The clock is just...a clock. So I wasn't expecting live movement on that.

Maybe future updates will utilize the whole live/ automatic update for more apps. That would be neat.

6. lancer_325

lancer_325 Member
    Bronze

Would be great but it's also a drain factor for the battery though me thinks.

7. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Agreed. And also very much Android status.

8. lancer_325

lancer_325 Member
    Bronze

Suppose we can't have everything

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Different processes. Animating the clock icon uses very little battery power, whereas constantly refreshing the internet to display up-to-date weather contributes to battery drain.

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I noticed it early and thought it was neat. But since it's easier to see the time on the status bar, I don't use it and keep it in a folder. I do use the alarm and other features.

11. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I think that's why I didn't seem to notice it earlier cause I don't actually use the clock app for anything really except setting alarms. I use the status bar or my lock screen to tell time always.