Live from Apple's iPhone SDK press conference

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
But we'll get push email!

"There are a lot of things enterprise customers have told us that have hold us back from being HUGE in the enterprise. What do they want to take the iPhone into the enterprise. What do they want? Push email -- huge request. They want great calendar integration. They want it pushed to them wherever they are.

10:05AM - They want push contacts, global address list, Cisco IPsec VPN, they want authentication and certs, enterprise class WiFi (WPA2 / 802.1x), security policies, enterprise configuration tools, and they want remote wipe.

10:06AM - "That's a long list of important features enterprise customers want. Well, I'm excited to be the one to tell you today, we're doing ALL these things in the next release of the iPhone software." Big applause, couple of cheers.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
This is fun, I have multiple blog sites and a UPS tracking page (expecting a new case from the iCafe store and my doorbell is broken) ... all told about 5 tabs open here all updating constantly. Glad my session cancelled today!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The exciting thing about those demos is the time they supposedly took to make. We'll definitely see apps before summer if their claims are true.

Ooooh... they just said AIM for iPhone