Live from Apple's iPhone SDK press conference

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
man I can't believe I am now going to wait till june... first it was end of feb then a week later now end of june this new conference is worthless since we all knew there would be new programs with sdk... now have to wait intill june for them to be released

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
11:07AM - "Devs are going to ask -- this is great! But what's the DEAL? What's the businesss deal. We've got a great biz deal for devs: you pick the price you want to sell your app at. The dev gets 70% of the revenues right off the top, we keep 30% to pay for running the app store. No CC fees or hosting fees or marketing fees for hosting the app, devs get 70% paid monthly."

does this mean that we will pay a monthly fee for the apps... i hate that.. i rather just buy it and be done with it..

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
"We will only stop VOIP over cell networks, but not WiFi." -steve

Thaaaat's interesting....

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
does this mean that we will pay a monthly fee for the apps... i hate that.. i rather just buy it and be done with it..
No, it just means developers decide what to sell their software for, Apple distributes it and takes %30 from the developer. The price will be flat rate.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
11:07AM - "Devs are going to ask -- this is great! But what's the DEAL? What's the businesss deal. We've got a great biz deal for devs: you pick the price you want to sell your app at. The dev gets 70% of the revenues right off the top, we keep 30% to pay for running the app store. No CC fees or hosting fees or marketing fees for hosting the app, devs get 70% paid monthly."

no, i think he meant that the developers with get their profits in lump sums once a month.

Bboy Trick

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
NJ
I am really pissed and heated with Apple. I cant believe they had everyone thinking there were apps available today and we have to wait until june. What was the point of even telling us about it?

free2rhyme590

Gold

i just thought that meant the dev will get paid that month for however many people bought their app. for that month

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I am really pissed and heated with Apple. I cant believe they had everyone thinking there were apps available today and we have to wait until june. What was the point of even telling us about it?
Take a deep breath. They have to announce it to developers before they can... ya know... develop anything. It's not like they could do that sort of thing in secret. Today wasn't about you or me... June will be.

They didn't tell you to get excited... you just did.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Yeah, you could put on an invisible shield - that'll take at least one month...
LOL! I'm about to replace the skin on my iPhone, and I'm dreading the marathon session it will take.

I sure the heck am glad I didn't wait to jailbreak.

--
Mike

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I think it's time to bombard the Apple iPhone Feedback again on the Apple Website. They have to give us MMS, Video, Cut & Paste. I don't mean to not be grateful for what they have already done with this amazing phone but please, it's on even the cheapest, crapiest phone you can buy, why not the iPhone.:(

free2rhyme590

Gold
I think it's time to bombard the Apple iPhone Feedback again on the Apple Website. They have to give us MMS, Video, Cut & Paste. I don't mean to not be grateful for what they have already done with this amazing phone but please, it's on even the cheapest, crapiest phone you can buy, why not the iPhone.:(
yep i totally agree with you... we should have those capabilities on our "revolutionary" phone...