Live GIF converts Live Photos to GIFs or movies which you can share with non-6s-owning friends

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Rafagon, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Have you been itching to share your Live Photos (choppy though they may be) with others who aren't lucky enough to have an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus?

Now you can.

Live GIF ($1.99) lets you convert those Live Photos to either animated GIFs (without audio, naturally) or to movies (with audio). Lastly, you're shown the system share sheet so that you can share your creation with others, or send it to any of your installed Sharing app extensions.

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Figured I'd test it out and post here.

[​IMG]

#2 Kadelic, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Do animated GIFs work directly on this forum? I thought they had to be added with the Image icon (right of the smiley icon), and then the image's URL had to be entered (i.e. you first had to upload the animated GIF to a photo-sharing site like Flickr). Let me try here.

e8nZC.gif

I guess I was wrong. Animated GIF files can indeed be uploaded to the site as an attachment. But perhaps only on desktop Safari, as you indicated that uploading via mobile Safari didn't work for you.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I usually just drag and drop the gifs to my post.

5. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

You may have noticed I edited my post a few times trying different methods of posting the .gif file created by the app. First, I used the app to convert the Live Photo to a gif and saved it to the Photos app. Then I tried uploading it to eiC using the "Upload a File" button in Mobile Safari but this gave me a "file too large" error. Then I tried uploading it to a photo sharing site I've used in the past, generating a link, and then posting it as you described above. Well, the site I used (CloudApp) apparently doesn't support .gif files. I also tried posting it from the Photos app using Tapatalk, which also didn't work. I ended up uploading the gif to imgur and used the generated link, which worked. Thanks to @Europa for the imgur suggestion. :)