Live Post As We Listen To The Wwdc '07 Keynote

iPhonematic

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
and no, it ships on June 28th, iPhones will be available to buy on the 29th...remember what I said weeks ago...? not to be a dick, but they will be there at 6PM on the 29th
Did they make this decision to sell it at 6pm so people won't camp out ?

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas

Juniaz

May 22, 2007
Boston
The iPhone looks smaller in the hand now than in any other ad pic I have seen yet. Suppose they were making it bigger to show it off in earlier ads and now they are showcasing the small size of it? Anyone else notice this?

Open these two links in separate windows and compare side by side

Current AT&T ad with old pic

Apple ad with new pic
The first one looks like a lady holding the iPhone, and the second one looks like a guy with bigger hands holding it.

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
This kind of reminds me of Zoolander where David Duchovny lays the "most famous hand model ever."

Do you think there was an audition where people had to submit a hand resume and all...

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
Whatever time zone the store you are at is in. I guess if you lived in Cali close to Nevada or something you could drive half an hour to get iPhone an hour earlier...however I guess you could also spend that half hour getting a life too...decisions, decisions. LOL :p

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
links please ^
Guys, when Steve said it SHIPS at 6PM on the 29th, I think he meant it LITERALLY. That would be about the time that Apple.com ships its daily orders for the day. I think the retail outlets will have regular businesss hours. He wouldn't have said SHIPPED if he meant they would go on sale then. You buy it (maybe sooner than we think) on Apple.com and then it will SHIP that day at 6PM. Phones sold in Apple stores and At&t stores will probably go on sale at the normal times.

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
ya dude,
thats GOTTA be it
SJ wouldn't do that to us....
its gotta be when the stores open