Live TV WITHOUT jailbreaking?

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
Is there any way to watch Live TV on the iPhone without either jailbreaking or having some separate application or software installed on your PC (so no orbtv or slingplayer!)? There's an application called netTV, however, there is VERY little English channels to warrant buying. I don't care about the price, but if it shows channels like Sky1, E4 and maybe even the Sky Sports channels please let me know as I desperately want to be able to watch TV on my phone but no applications have anything or require you to stream off of your PC or something.

mdb4403

Bronze
Mar 11, 2009
Orb lets you stream live video tv if you have the proper tv tuner card on your tv. i have it and love it. works over 3g also

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Short answer: no. Not without Orb or Slingbox.

Jun 30, 2009
MLB streams is a good site. their resources are huge. But is there any way or any app to see live TV directly from iPhone. That would be so much useful for me.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
Is there any way to watch Live TV on the iPhone without either jailbreaking or having some separate application or software installed on your PC (so no orbtv or slingplayer!)?
FWIW, slingplayer doesn't require anything on a PC installed - you just need the actual slingbox hardware hooked up to your TV.

Of course, without jailbreaking, you can only use it over WiFi.

I have slingplayer and an old school slingbox hooked up to a TiVo here and it works like a champ.