Live Weather Icon and Status Weather not Updating

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
One is set to 10 seconds and the other is set to 5 minutes, both the minimum settings. But, I need to open the weather app to update both. Any ideas why this is happening?

I'm jailbroken on 7.0.4 with an iPhone 5.

Last edited:

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Do either work correctly when you uninstall the other? I would stick with one.
I removed Live Weather Icon and StatusWeather seems to be working fine.

I first tried disabling StatusWeather but that did nothing and it showed a bunch of numbers where the temperature reading was. Don't know what that means.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I couldn't get either of those to work and set it to where I live. No big deal as I enjoy checking the weather on the weather app of my own from The App Store.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I removed Live Weather Icon and StatusWeather seems to be working fine.

I first tried disabling StatusWeather but that did nothing and it showed a bunch of numbers where the temperature reading was. Don't know what that means.
Sometimes you have to add the location in two different places in the configure/weather.js files or .plists. If it's not in correctly, you'll just see characters or question marks.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Sometimes you have to add the location in two different places in the configure/weather.js files or .plists. If it's not in correctly, you'll just see characters or question marks.
The numbers showed up after I disabled it. When enabled, it's fine. I'm worried that if I uninstall it, they will come back.