Load music without activating the phone?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I am not sure if this has been posted but I can't find it.

If I purchase an iPhone for a friend and want to pre-load it with music, can this be done without activating the phone first?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I am not sure if this has been posted but I can't find it.

If I purchase an iPhone for a friend and want to pre-load it with music, can this be done without activating the phone first?

The moment you plug the phone in iTunes will want to activate it. I think I would call Apple and find out if you can bypass it.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Update please. I would like to get a few friends an iPhone with their favorite music.
It is 9:35AM here in Phoenix and the Apple store doesn't open until 10:00AM our time. As soon as I get their official answer I will post it.

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
It is 9:35AM here in Phoenix and the Apple store doesn't open until 10:00AM our time. As soon as I get their official answer I will post it.
Thanks. Good luck :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I believe that, without jailbreaking and/or unlocking, you must activate before you can do anything except for make emergency calls.

- John

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I believe that, without jailbreaking and/or unlocking, you must activate before you can do anything except for make emergency calls.

- John
You are correct. I just verified this with the Apple store here in Phoenix. Without activating the phone you will not be able to pre-load anything to the phone. Sorry.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
/me hears the sound of the RIAA and MPAA marching their armies to your doorstep for *gasp* trying to load some songs for a friend. Don't you know that's illegal.

/me goes to hide in his corner from the bad police :)