Load stuff without registering yet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brig756

Nov 29, 2007
Please forgive me if this has been hashed out before, but I couldn't find anything when I searched the forum.

We just bought my dad an iPhone for Christmas, and we would like to load the iPhone with some numbers and pictures and videos for him - ready to go when he opens the package....

.... Is there anyway to do this without actually registering the phone to a number, yet? We can't activate the phone because then he will obviously know something is up when he cell phone stops working...

The guy at the store said this wasn't possible, but somehow I don't quite know if that is true.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
basically, no you can't. not if you want to hand it over in an as new state.
there is a registration process to go through first, and that will require someone to sign up to the contract. if you're gifting the contract as well then you may want to do it before hand and will have a chance to load stuff on the phone.
The queue will be massive for activations on Christmas day. so doing it before may be a good option.
you can activate the iPhone and transfer an existing number over later. you shouldn't be able to transfer someone elses number over for them any way

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Until the phone is activated (through iTunes by the way) you will not be able to do anything (other than dial 911).

Why would you not believe the salesman at AT&T?

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
You could jailbreak the phone and get into it search on youtube and you will see how to do it doesn't take but 10 mins to do or so