Loaded iPhone... beat this!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
So I decided to delete two movies on my phone and add some more songs. Usually I pay close attention to how many I'm adding to my playlist with regards to size, but this time I figured what the heck, iTunes will tell me if I've chosen too many. Well, I synced up, and this is the what I got:

Attachments

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
this is why i don't put movies and things on my iPhone :p

music onry.
and because if i were to watch a whole movie, then my batter would be way too low for comfort.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Do you think it's bad to operate an iPhone in such a state? I'm gonna find out!
I don't think you will have any problems using the phone with no room because the music and videos go into a different partition then the operating system. Unless you have jailbroken and moved your apps then running out of room in that partition wont hurt the operation of the phone. Might cause problems with "stuttering" when playing music, but the phone should work fine.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
So I decided to delete two movies on my phone and add some more songs. Usually I pay close attention to how many I'm adding to my playlist with regards to size, but this time I figured what the heck, iTunes will tell me if I've chosen too many. Well, I synced up, and this is the what I got:
That's awesome!

Swagfndr

Jul 30, 2007
Laguna Heights CA
That is funny I got the "Free Space - Zero Kb's" last night after updating as well! I took off the 3 episodes of "Tin Man" and put a 1250 song playlist on the phone and it was that close.

jgirt

Jul 16, 2007
this is why i don't put movies and things on my iPhone :p

music onry.
and because if i were to watch a whole movie, then my batter would be way too low for comfort.
Actually I just got back from maui. Watched two movies on my iPhone and listened to music all the way there. Of course on the plane I was in airplane mode but going aproximately 12 hours without a charge and still having aproximately 1/3 in battery charge left. wasn't a problem. I have plenty on small movies on my phone as well since I hve a video production company. I show these clips all day. The bigest thing to watch if you want to control battery life is watching bluetooth and wifi.

Battery life all and all is pretty good.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, playing media has never seemed to put a hurtin' on my battery much at all. Internet surfing (especially on Edge) and phone calls are by far the worst. I go hours in the car listening to tunes and don't notice any drop in battery at all. I surf for 20 minutes and I do, though.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't have any movies on my iPhone, as of now. I'll probably put on movies I rent from iTunes though, as they'll be temporary.

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
how can you appreciate all of that music psych?

and as for battery life, i am never in a situation when i can use airplane mode(like actually being in an airplane). and unfortunately i get a lot of phone-calls and usually don't have the chance to use wifi(i'm usually moving).

and i have a feeling my iPhone battery isn't what it should be.. :<

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
how can you appreciate all of that music psych?
Well, it's kinda part of my job (recording engineer/producer). Some of them are my clients and projects. And everything else is pretty eclectic to fit any mood. Besides, I love hitting shuffle and having NO idea what's gonna come at me.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
mine wont let me fill it up ... it stops me at 40mb and then starts to delete photos to leave room... i have a 4 gig... i really really want a 8 gig... i have to sell mine and upgrade.....

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
yeah when after i updated last night and put on about 500 songs and around 8 videos it said i had 0 kb left and being the ignorant teen that i am, i actually thought it was real lol. i just thought it was kinda cool

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have something like 550-600 songs, 3 movies, about a dozen programs ( iPhysics probably takes up the most room) and roughly hundred photos.
My phone is only half full. (yeah, I'm a pesimistic optimist)
I have about 30 -40 minute drive for work in the morning, and on Shuffle, I get a very strange mix of music, but I love it.