Local availability of iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by azfalcon, Sep 22, 2014.

1. azfalcon

azfalcon Member
    Bronze

So here Phoenix there seem to be iPhone 6 is available everywhere. Of course, I ordered the iPhone 6 Plus.

Well 2 Best Buys had them in the morning and sold out. The phone guy said they usually get shipments at least once a week maybe more. I have an order through Verizon and expected date of 10/28. Seems like I'd be better off going local than shipment

Anyone else experience this, or just wait for the shipment.

#1 azfalcon, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
  2. mturnerua

mturnerua New Member

I'm in Alabama and I've checked Best Buy and 5 AT&T stores. No Plus in stock and only gold 6s.

3. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Im also in Southern PA and I have been calling every local at&t store, best buy and even my local apple store and no such luck!

4. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

I'm in the Southern Tier of NY and I use Verizon too, and my expected ship date is 10/7. I've been wondering the same thing. On 9/19 the only place in town that received any 6+'s was Sam's Club, and they only had 3. Best Buy, Verizon, AT&T, Target, Walmart, Staples and Radio Shack all got zero 6+'s. That's according to the sales guy at Best Buy. I spoke with the guy at Sam's and all the ones they received were 16 GB, and no way was I going to spend any money in 16 GB. The nearest Apple Store is 2 hours away and according to their website they don't have any 6+'s in stock yet. Seriously, this wait is making me insane!

#4 Keukawater, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  5. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

So I don't know if anyone else saw this however it's pretty useful so you don't have to manually check availability at local Apple Stores for when they get more stock on the new iPhone models. You can also select which model you prefer however it would be nice to be able to select multiple different models.

www.6tracker.com

6. azfalcon

azfalcon Member
    Bronze

yes I can't do apple store because I'm part of the verizon edge up program. ...kinds of means in limited to verizon and best buy

7. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Apple store offers the NEXT program with at&t why wouldn't they offer it through edge? I know my local best buy offers NEXT as well.

8. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

As of closing time Saturday night, my local ATT store had some gold and silver iPhone 6 models still in stock in 64 and 128 gb models.

They had originally received 13 of the 6 Plus models. I know I that 6 of them were 128 gb models, 2 of each color. Not sure what the breakdown of the other 7 were.

9. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

Wrong thread...

#9 Keukawater, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I had an iPhone 6 delivered on the 19th, but I went to my local corporate AT&T and Verizon stores to check out the displays and see a Plus in person. I asked how many each of them got on the 19th. They each got plenty of the regular 6. AT&T had NO iPhone 6 Pluses. Verizon got 15 Pluses, a couple of each size and color. Verizon is a lot more popular here in the west. I plan on switching to them next year if AT&T's LTE speeds don't improve (they are currently slower than 4G) and if Verizon rolls out VoLTE here.

11. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

I was one of the stupid ones that spent the night at the Biltmore Apple Store to get my AT&T iPhone 6+. Got it (was 29th in line) but they sold out of most of the Verizon ones before I even got to the door. Verizon is definitely the more popular provider now for iPhones at least here in Phoenix.

12. azfalcon

azfalcon Member
    Bronze

Had I known apple participated in the verizon edge program..I would have been there camping out as well

13. Katrin82

Katrin82 Guest

I would like to inform you about iDeviceChecker.com! Did you try to be one of the first iPhone 6 owners and weren't successful getting one? Did you look up every store nearby to check the stocks and all iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus were sold out? Well, there is iDeviceChecker.com which shows you the stocks of thousands of stores when you're looking for a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus!

I tell you what happened to me in autumn 2013: The iPhone 5S was release a few weeks before I started a road trip with my girlfriend through California. While we were traveling through the closed national parks (shutdown was going on during these days) I was trying to find out where I could buy an iPhone 5S for my dad to bring it home for him. Because of the huge demand for this new iDevice it was really hard to find a store which had a iPhone 5S in stock. It wasn't important if it would be gray or white or with 16GB or 32GB, I just wanted to get one...somewhere...somehow ;)

I had to check the websites of Apple and Bestbuy and so on for the availability information provided there. This was very hard because it was so annoying to look up the information for every single product configuration (color and memory) for every zip code of the area we came through.

Back home I thought about a solution and because of my work as a web-app programmer I started in December 2013 a new project in my spare time called iDeviceChecker.com. This web-app shows the availability information of iDevices like the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus for the major iPhone selling stores on a nice Google map. Using the map you can navigate to your home area (or use the search field in the top navigation bar by entering your zip code) and look up the different stores. You can also filter for a special product configuration like color, memory configuration or carrier to find out which stores in your neighborhood have the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in stock right now. Additionally there is a notification service which will inform you as soon as your desired iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus gets available nearby! :laugh2:

The availability information is shown for Apple stores, Bestbuy stores, RadioShack stores, AT&T stores, Walmart stores, Target stores, Verizon stores and Sprint stores. The stock information is not in real time but checked several times a day so this web-app can give a little hint, but not a legal liable information.

Best greetings from Germany

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

So, I'm doing the nightly "Check Availability" thing @apple.com in hopes of getting my handS on an iPhone 6 Plus/black/64.

No luck with iPhone 6 Plus, in any Apple Store in FL.

Currently on an infinite-loop hold with local AT&T store to see if they have one in stock...

These are the times I wish in lived in Alaska like @bballrob ....

UPDATE: Wow, so AT&T has basically deflected my call. I was referred to myriad online resources, I refused (by not pressing the numbers on my keypad that were suggested to me), and ultimately was hung up on because "all store representatives are busy helping other customers." Going to use this experience as leverage to execute a reversal on the $40 "activation fee" of upgrading to a new handset.

#14 Rafagon, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  15. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

Local Scottsdale Best Buy had 6 and 6 pluses in stock but not for AT&T. They had plenty for Verizon.. that was last evening. Bummer for me. I have one on order but won't get for 2 more weeks.

16. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Apple stores in NJ are out of stock in all 6 & 6+'s. Do I order online with 7-10 day delivery or wait and hope they come in before that?

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

image.jpg

18. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

No luck for local availability anywhere in South Florida on any capacity iPhone 6 Plus. Debating whether to just bite the bullet and order for delivery and wait the estimated 3 to 4 weeks.

19. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

I don't see any 6+'s available anywhere in New York State other than at a couple of Best Buy stores in the Big Apple. And while I love visiting the city, it's a 5 hour drive and my next three weekends are booked. Hopefully the 6+ I ordered will have arrived by then.

20. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I finally broke down and ordered today. Estimated delivery date of Oct 24-31!

Sent from my iPhone 5