Local availability of iPhone 6 Plus

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
I don't think their app is functional.. you would have better luck calling them.. That said.. I think they are way behind in shipments. You might want to give Best Buy a call.. I know the ones around here have them in stock.. just not for AT&T.. or at least they didn't yesterday. Since my shipment date was moved up to next week, I stopped calling around.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
If you have a local TARGET call them because they have been the only ones around with stock!!! my local target has plus models and regular models however they won't upgrade through at&t next so just keep that in mind.

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
I am stuck until the November shipments (estimated by AT&T). I didn't want to pre-order because I wasn't sure if I wanted a phone as big as the plus. Checked out one at the store and decided to give it a shot but they only received 1 that day. So I just ordered one through the AT&T store. They told me best buy and some other places can't do the cross upgrade (using another lines upgrade).

They kinda teased me. Said I wouldn't be billed until it shipped. Well I was billed a couple days later and online said it was preparing to ship, which when I called they said it usually means they grabbed it from the warehouse and should ship that day. No such luck. Still says preparing to ship and estimated November ship dates and the charge was reversed unless it really was just a hold(debit card).

So my only hope is that Apple works on filling more of the plus orders with manufacturing.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Buddy of mine is mad at me (ok, not really) that I got my phone from Apple before him, and he ordered through AT&T more than an hour before I was able to get through to Apple on pre-order night.

Good luck to all those who have ordered through their carriers!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
There's an iPhone availability notifier (you get notified via e-mail) over at

http://www.seaturtle.org/idevice/

Be sure you're set up for push e-mail and have an easy-to-hear notification sound set up.

PS: I have no idea how often the website checks for you, so don't use this as a substitute for your own checking for availability at apple.com—use this to supplement your own research. I will update this post if I get a notification from the website.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keukawater

azfalcon

Bronze
Sep 14, 2014
Here in phoenix they are saying no +'s at apple stores til about the second week of October. Crazy

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
There's an iPhone availability notifier (you get notified via e-mail) over at

http://www.seaturtle.org/idevice/

Be sure you're set up for push e-mail and have an easy-to-hear notification sound set up.

PS: I have no idea how often the website checks for you, so don't use this as a substitute for your own checking for availability at apple.com—use this to supplement your own research. I will update this post if I get a notification from the website.
This is only for Apple. I wish it was for all retailers.

Tomscave

Bronze
Dec 10, 2009
Sunshine State
Ordered 2 6+'s for the wife and I last night at my local AT&T store. Guy said computer showed 2 to 3 weeks to arrive at the store. He also told me that the backorder is due to the glass separating from the body of the phones on the 6+'s only. That's the first I've heard that.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Ordered 2 6+'s for the wife and I last night at my local AT&T store. Guy said computer showed 2 to 3 weeks to arrive at the store. He also told me that the backorder is due to the glass separating from the body of the phones on the 6+'s only. That's the first I've heard that.
I think he's full of crap, but what do I know? :)