Local availability of iPhone 6 Plus

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I called my local AT&T Store last night just for kicks, since I already have my Golden 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus which I earned on launch day by waking up early and arriving at 4:30 AM to be third in line and get one of thirteen that my local store ended up having.

They had ZERO. The had not received ANY since launch day. And they really don't expect to anytime soon either. She quoted the current 45 day back order and said they may get a couple here and there, but they don't know for sure, and really won't until they open the shipments they get from Apple.

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
I'm starting to get a little bit peeved that's local store has a limited stock every day or two while I'm waiting till middle of October for a phone I ordered via the website on launch day.

azfalcon

Bronze
Sep 14, 2014
I agree Adrianno. I plan on calling best buy every morning now. Bet I can get it faster Than 10/24 per verizon

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I agree Adrianno. I plan on calling best buy every morning now. Bet I can get it faster Than 10/24 per verizon
I was debating trying retail, I gave up and ordered. I have an estimated delivery date of Oct 24-31. I'll be curious to see if you can find one before I get my delivery.

Sent from my iPhone 5

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I was debating trying retail, I gave up and ordered. I have an estimated delivery date of Oct 24-31. I'll be curious to see if you can find one before I get my delivery.

Sent from my iPhone 5
How does 7-10 business day delivery from today equal October 15 and after? That's what Apple is saying to me. That's 13 business days minimum.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I do have to say, I'm rather humored by those people that come here whining about not being able to get a phone on launch day, or even in the first week .

I thank you for keeping me smiling!!

Reactions: Adriano73

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
So I returned my 6 today in the hopes of finding a 6 plus. Found one at the 5th Ave store in New York City which is just under 4 hrs from me. Waited a little too long to pull the trigger with getting the family decided on a road trip. Here's to hoping that hunting will be a bit better tomorrow.

So I returned my 6 today in the hopes of finding a 6 plus. Found one at the 5th Ave store in New York City which is just under 4 hrs from me. Waited a little too long to pull the trigger with getting the family decided on a road trip. Here's to hoping that hunting will be a bit better tomorrow.
What carrier? And are you 4 hours north or south of nyc? Philly and Ardmore apple stores both have 6+'s in stock in silver.

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
What carrier? And are you 4 hours north or south of nyc? Philly and Ardmore apple stores both have 6+'s in stock in silver.
Verizon and I'm south of NY in DE. Not seeing any for Verizon or AT&T for that matter. No worries I'll find one this week.

Last edited:
Verizon and I'm south of NY in DE. Not seeing any for Verizon or AT&T for that matter. No worries I'll find one this week.
Well I don't know if you're a Costco member but I was just in there and they had plenty of 6+ stock at the Verizon booth. He was talking to a customer about how they think people didn't think about going to Costco cause they had 2 people waiting on launch day and didn't even run out that day.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com

Sent from my iPhone 5
I'm in the same situation let me know if you get any updates I ordered a 64GB plus gold model on the 24th and I called apple today and he said expect it to ship sooner than that.

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Well I don't know if you're a Costco member but I was just in there and they had plenty of 6+ stock at the Verizon booth. He was talking to a customer about how they think people didn't think about going to Costco cause they had 2 people waiting on launch day and didn't even run out that day.
No Costco in DE brotha but thanks for lookin out.

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Rough part about returning the iPhone 6 is that I had to activate my wife's old 4S till I find a plus. God this thing is tiny. Lol! It's like an iPhone mini!!!

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
You guys want to here something terrible that for the life of me can't figure out? Target has a huge inventory of both regular iPhone 6s and plus models so I started looking into it and eventually called target the guy said yeah we have plus models I said sweet hold one for me I'll be right over so he held one and I got done there only to find out they won't let you upgrade through next? I was just SMH ..... I asked the guy your kidding me right? Something about target had a lot of computer glitches and issues with people doing next so they stopped it and he told me they would be getting it back soon just not right now. This probably explains why target has so much stock!!! I think the guy said they had over 15 plus models to choose from and tons of iPhone 6. Crazy retarded I was so mad thats just dumb! Best buy, radio shack, apple etc offer upgrades through next why not target!?? So frustrating.

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Rough part about returning the iPhone 6 is that I had to activate my wife's old 4S till I find a plus. God this thing is tiny. Lol! It's like an iPhone mini!!!
My daughter had a 4S until this past Thursday when her 6 came in. I could never see anything on her phone when she would have me look at something. She is so happy that I can now read what she is showing me. We are keeping her 4S for a spare and hoping we never need to use it, lol.