Local availability of iPhone 6 Plus

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
You guys want to here something terrible that for the life of me can't figure out? Target has a huge inventory of both regular iPhone 6s and plus models so I started looking into it and eventually called target the guy said yeah we have plus models I said sweet hold one for me I'll be right over so he held one and I got done there only to find out they won't let you upgrade through next? I was just SMH ..... I asked the guy your kidding me right? Something about target had a lot of computer glitches and issues with people doing next so they stopped it and he told me they would be getting it back soon just not right now. This probably explains why target has so much stock!!! I think the guy said they had over 15 plus models to choose from and tons of iPhone 6. Crazy retarded I was so mad thats just dumb! Best buy, radio shack, apple etc offer upgrades through next why not target!?? So frustrating.
Talked to a rep from Target today and they said they do have stock for the plus but only in 16gb. The only way to get the 64gb or 128 was to preorder. And as much as I'd love a plus I just can't validate the 16gb. I'll find one this week. Just need to stay diligent (obsessive). Lol

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Talked to a rep from Target today and they said they do have stock for the plus but only in 16gb. The only way to get the 64gb or 128 was to preorder. And as much as I'd love a plus I just can't validate the 16gb. I'll find one this week. Just need to stay diligent (obsessive). Lol
Yeah the 16GB is iffy and they told me the same thing about the 64GB and 128GB models the guy said they just don't sell them he said everyone comes in and asks for the 16GB model which I think is dumb however some people use drop box and iCloud for additional storage but I've tried that before and it's more of a hassle/pain than it's worth IMO. The reason Target has so much stock is because they won't upgrade you on the NEXT program through at&t which is retarded they do it for Verizon at Target and every other store i've been to does the at&t NEXT upgrades including wal-mart, radio shack, apple, staples, best buy, etc pretty much everyone but TARGET!!! WHY?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
If you have a local TARGET call them because they have been the only ones around with stock!!! my local target has plus models and regular models however they won't upgrade through at&t next so just keep that in mind.
The one I want is all over Target here in South Florida... which is weird. Are people just avoiding Target because of their poor history with credit card security, or do they not know that Target has iPhones in stock?

I've never purchased an iPhone from any source other than Apple (both online and brick & mortar), except for the AT&T store once. If I buy an iPhone at Target and then experience issues, can I run to an Apple store for help and expect the same TLC they would give someone who bought the iPhone at Apple? Will an Apple Store exchange it for a new one if I should ever need it, or am I then condemned to getting help from Target?

Last edited:

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
The one I want is all over Target here in South Florida... which is weird. Are people just avoiding Target because of their poor history with credit card security, or do they not know that Target has iPhones in stock?

I've never purchased an iPhone from any source other than Apple (both online and brick & mortar), except for the AT&T store once. If I buy an iPhone at Target and then experience issues, can I run to an Apple store for help and expect the same TLC they would give someone who bought the iPhone at Apple? Will they exchange it for a new one if I should ever need it, or am I then condemned to getting help from Target?
People aren't buying them through target because you can't upgrade via NEXT with target.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
People aren't buying them through target because you can't upgrade via NEXT with target.
That is cool by me, so there's one option I may go for if I lose my patience.

The 16GB 6 Plus model made a brief appearance at an Apple Store in Miami Beach the other night (according to Apple's online tool), which is fairly close to me, but I don't see 16GB as an obstacle I want to deal with for a whole year. A 32GB model would've been perfect for me BUT we all know what happened there...

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
I always go 16gb never ever get close to filling it maybe cause I save all my vids and photos on Dropbox and other storage apps cause there conveniently uploaded to my PC when I log in also ales syncing much easier