Location based reminders not available

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Eitanbar, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Eitanbar

Eitanbar New Member

Hi,
    I can't seem to make a location based reminder...
    Only a "day selection" is available...
    iPhone 4. All location based services are on, iCloud is on, etc...

What am I missing?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I've been seeing a lot of things have to be turned on. Could this be an option that has to be activated / turned on?

3. hplbiking

hplbiking Member

I noticed the same. Was that an IP4S feature?

4. Eitanbar

Eitanbar New Member

My bad!

In the reminders app, make sure "reminders" on iCloud is checked, and not "tasks" (of your exchange account, if configured)....

Working just fine now ;)

5. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

There are no settings in the Reminders app that I can find. I have the Reminders selected in the iCloud settings. I can find no other places where Reminders should be selected. Still can't use location based Reminders.

Using iPhone 4 and iPad 1.

6. Eitanbar

Eitanbar New Member

Click on the top left button inside the reminders app. It's the one with the 3 horizontal stripes...
    Then, select the "reminders" next to iCloud...

7. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Not sure what the problem is, but you can see that I don't have an iCloud reference in Reminders, and I do have Reminders selected in the iCloud account info. I also have an Exchange account, but there is nothing that I can find that interferes with Reminders.

photo 1.PNG photo 2.PNG

8. One Time User

One Time User New Member

Having had your problem, here's the best answer I have for all experiencing this problem.

When you installed iOS5, you decided not to turn on the iCloud for Reminders. W/O iCloud enabled for Reminders, you created a folder for Reminders. This folder is linked to your phone, not the iCloud. Every Reminder you create is under this folder. And, even though you have now ENABLED the iCloud for Reminders, you are still creating Reminders in the folder that is linked to your phone.

FIX: With the iCloud enabled for Reminders, create a new folder for Reminders. You should now see your new folder listed under "iCloud" and your other under "Exchange". Create a new Reminder under your iCloud folder name and the Location option will be available.

9. kwanfm

kwanfm New Member

I did as recommended and now I have the reminders folder created under iCloud but when creating a reminder the location option is just not there :(

Any idea is much appreciated