Location services is running when i wake my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by iPutz, Nov 29, 2014.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

If I force quit all apps before letting my iPhone go to sleep, when I wake the phone up the Location Services icon in the Status Bar is lit at first then goes out after about 10 to 15 seconds. Does anyone have any idea what might be using Location Services for those few seconds. Location Services is toggled on in settings but I don't have that many apps that I allow to use it and when I force quit all the apps before letting the phone sleep, why is it starting Location Services for a few seconds once awakened? It's no big deal, I'm just curious.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The next time you notice the icon in the status bar, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services. The app with a purple location services icon next to it is the one that is running.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I thought about that and tried it but no purple icons next to an application. Any possibility that Location Services is being used internally by the phone to determine its current location to set the correct time zone or maybe something else?

4. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

The phones uses cellular radio services to determine time and time zone.

5. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Go to the bottom and look at under system services

6. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

That found it, Location Based Ads was turned on. Turned it off and end of problem. Many thanks to all.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 6