Location Services not working after upgrade to 3.0, jailbreaking using redsn0w

Reefkpr

Jul 6, 2007
I updated to 3.0 and jailbroke and unlocked using Redsnow. My location servics is not working. When I go to maps and hit the locate icon it tells me location cannot be determined. I am not activated only using wifi. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Yes, I have the same problem since updating to 3.0 and jailbreaking using redsn0w.

I've given up with GPS altogether now. I'll hang on for the 3.1 update and jailbreak to see if that fixes it.

I've tried turning GPS off then rebooting, rebooting with GPS on, respringing with GPS on and off, resetting location data and rebooting etc., etc. and any combination.

Nothing brings back my GPS. Whatever GPS app I use it always says no signal or searching for satellites or similar (yes, I've tried this in the middle of a field too).

I was jailbroken on 2.2.1 and it was fine. Unjailbroken on 3.0 was fine. Then I used redsn0w and it stopped working.

I'm sure the 3.1 update will restore it but it's a PITA right now. However, it's less of a PITA than resinstalling my jailbreak apps so I'll live with it for now.

You are not alone :)

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Maybe some others will chime in if this is a common issue. I stuck with 3.0 for now. Decided to wait until 3.1 before going through the restore/rejailbreak.