Location services?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Unfortunately, in order to make changes to the restrictions or to disable restrictions, you need that password. I am unsure if Apple or AT&T can assist you in getting your passcode recovered without having to restore.

It looks like your best option is to restore. Can you put your moms notes and other important information in another place such as email?
Neither AT&T nor Apple can recover your password. You have to do a full restore to factory settings. They told us this when I bought my wife her first iPhone yesterday and iOS 7 asked to set up a password. She opted to not set a password now.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Neither AT&T nor Apple can recover your password. You have to do a full restore to factory settings. They told us this when I bought my wife her first iPhone yesterday and iOS 7 asked to set up a password. She opted to not set a password now.
Most definitely. I just was not fully positive. Nowadays a lot of things are possible when it comes to technology. Not having a password is good and bad especially if you may lose your iPhone.

I can back it up to iTunes on the computer...
Backing the notes and all up to iTunes is a good idea, but maybe saving them to an email account aside from iTunes. I just want to be sure that they do not get lost along the way through the restore process.

Sent using iCafe app

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I wish there was a way to do it as a mass email....

But thanks everyone!
Not a problem at all.

What you could do is copy each note one at a time and paste it into an email. If there is more than 6 or 7 notes than just sending them to the email account through notes would be more convenient.

Sent using iCafe app

GJCP911

Bronze
Aug 28, 2011
I don't know if it's just me but my location services is constantly using a geofence. It's really annoying and bad for my battery. I've already had to turn off a few location services as they was constantly on and draining my battery.

Sent using iCafe app

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
It depends on the app. Facebook, for example, will use a lot with location services on. You might also turn off Background App Refresh for all the apps. That uses a bit of battery. None of all that should make much difference though. Watching a lot of videos will do more battery damage. And intense games.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Our local gas stations have an app that uses GeoFencing. I had to shut off locations services for the app.
Geofencing isn't a big deal. Without using it, many of the apps would not be able to make offers or whatever they do. I don't think it uses any more battery than location services without it.