Location symbol

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jeepinkj

Bronze
Oct 10, 2012
virginia
Why is mine always on even when I close all my apps I can look at my phone and the location symbol is in seems like a lot of the time

64gb iPhone5 black

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Is it a solid purple or an outlined color? Outlined may mean that find my friends has someone 'tracking you' & it will send an alert to them when you arrive or leave a specific location.

Sent using iCafe app

Jeepinkj

Bronze
Oct 10, 2012
virginia
I looked and it tells me what has used it but if I'm not useing my phone and it the button to check the time it's up at the top by the battery meter
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1360456752.471250.jpg
see

64gb iPhone5 black

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Go to Settings/Privacy/Location Services. This will show you a list of all the apps that can use Location Services depending on the toggle setting. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and tap System Services. This screen lists all of the system services that can use location services and each can be toggled on or off. At the bottom of this screen is a toggle that will allow all of the services above that are toggled on to use location services but will not turn on the status bar icon on the home screen when doing so. Set all of these toggles as you desire. I have all the system services toggled on and the status bar icon toggle off on my phone and I don’t see the icon unless an app is actively using the location services. I tried toggling the status bar icon to the on position on my iPhone 5 and I do see the icon much more often.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Go to Settings/Privacy/Location Services. This will show you a list of all the apps that can use Location Services depending on the toggle setting. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and tap System Services. This screen lists all of the system services that can use location services and each can be toggled on or off. At the bottom of this screen is a toggle that will allow all of the services above that are toggled on to use location services but will not turn on the status bar icon on the home screen when doing so. Set all of these toggles as you desire. I have all the system services toggled on and the status bar icon toggle off on my phone and I don’t see the icon unless an app is actively using the location services. I tried toggling the status bar icon to the on position on my iPhone 5 and I do see the icon much more often.
Almost like the photo on post #4 LOL

Sent using iCafe app