Lock screen notifications

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
Yes, it is normal. I think it appears like that either because it's a new notification or it's the only notification or even both. I've seen it like that before, never really thought it was out of the ordinary.

It ONLY appears on your lock screen btw.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
You can turn it off, or just have the usual alerts style notification that would allow you to hit cancel.

Ffmaster1

Bronze
Oct 8, 2011
Do you guys see it above that big notification,like notification centar,you have to slide down to see all notifications...

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Do you guys see it above that big notification,like notification centar,you have to slide down to see all notifications...
I know what you mean, but as Benny said you can change the way your notifications are displayed. The slide down bar shows up on my phone as well.

Ffmaster1

Bronze
Oct 8, 2011
I know what you mean, but as Benny said you can change the way your notifications are displayed. The slide down bar shows up on my phone as well.
I don't wanna to change it to old way,just doesn't make sense for me!thank you!:)

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
Now I know HOW this happens.
As your screen is locked when you received the notification, it only shows you the most recent notification until you ignore it an let the screen turn off or you turn of the screen or you pull the notification centre down. :D

Attachments

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
When I was running the iOS 5 beta, the first beta only displayed the notifications in the little bars, they changed it in the 2nd beta to do the more traditional notification (in black this time) for the most recent notification and then the next time you look at your lockscreen, the little bars again.

I would like for two things:

1. To turn off the big one and always have the little bars

2. Keep the notifications on the lock screen till they're cleared just like notification center... Hell, let me pull down notification center on the lockscreen. Then I get weather on the lockscreen too!

Ffmaster1

Bronze
Oct 8, 2011
Yeah,i want the same thing...