Lock symbol by battery % indicator

1. FavreFan77

FavreFan77 New Member Bronze

My fiancé has this symbol on her phone. 8gig 3GS and no jb. It has a little lock with a circle around it.

Any suggestions?

2. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist Gold

It's an orientation lock to lock the screen rotation. To toggle it on or off double click to the multitasking bar and swipe to the right. It should be to the left of the iPod controls.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. FavreFan77

Thanks a lot!

I feel stupid as I have seen that before but I paid no attention to it! She mustve accidentally tapped that.

Thanks again!

5. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist Gold

No problem.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator Moderator

You can hide this if you install Transparent Rotation Lock through Cydia. You have to be jailbroken though :)

7. FavreFan77

I'd be a liar if I thought jb'ing wasn't interesting but I just can't justify doing it. It is rather annoying that Apple won't allow full on usage of these os' but man-these things sure sound more usable ams customizable if jb'd.

8. iphonewarrior

Just jailbreak and stop moaning...

:)

9. verbalj

verbalj Member Bronze

Seriously. You won't regret it. It's super easy. Plus, if by some odd reason you don't like it, you can always revert to pre-jailbroken status.

10. iphonewarrior

Well said!

11. FavreFan77

Hahahahaha. I think I'm going to stay native right now but it's something to think about down the road. I really do enjoy this phone the way it is. It's hard to resist when I hear what kind of apps you guys are running though.

12. iphonewarrior

Just jailbreak, you won't regret it, seriously. :eek:k:eek:k

13. iusoloman

iusoloman New Member Bronze

He'll come to his senses sooner or later. Usually the ones who are reluctant to jb are first time iPhone users. But,.. then again, It took me awhile too. ;) Only thing I regret tho, is not doin it sooner.

14. FavreFan77

what happens to my normal apps? I also bought an Apple care warranty and would hate to have an issue where they would know I jb'd it. Like I said, I'm ok staying "leashed" to the normal settings for now.

15. iusoloman

Nothing happens. U don't lose anything and nothing is changed. Actually,.. The only change is a new icon on your springboard called cydia which will be the new app by which u browse and install new themes, ringtones, and functionality, etc to/on your iPhone. Just think of it as the other "app store". If u're worried about your warranty and Apple knowing if u jailbroke your phone just restore and your phone will be good as new.

16. Lon

Lon Evangelist Gold

I just did it on my 3GS and can't say I'm that thrilled. Can't even get a new "theme" on the dang thing and no instructions. Cydia is completely Greek.

17. iusoloman

Of course all apps, including the ones in cydia have to be compatible with your firmware. If u downloaded a theme an app called "winterboard" should automatically be installed with the theme. U will use winterboard to activate themes and new functionality u've downloaded from cydia.

18. Lon

Lon Evangelist Gold

Thanks it's getting late. I did all that. No change in theme (4.0.1). Though I did get vWallpaper on. I'll keep plugging away. Feel like a complete newbie now! lol

19. verbalj

verbalj Member Bronze

With the change to 4.x, some apps/tweaks/themes are questionable. Just pay attention to the description and/or read up on the forums. Someone here probably already installed it and used it and replied if it's compatible with your idevice and/or firmware.

I said it in another thread: it's not really your iPhone until you jailbreak it.

20. iusoloman

There's also a list floating around somewhere with everything confirmed to work with ios4. Will post when I find it again.

21. Lon

Lon Evangelist Gold

I have read a lot. Have some great Apps. Just working on trying to figure out customizing some of the great looking screens - like moving icons around and redoing them, having 2 or 3 per line instead of 4, etc. 3gs is my experiment before jumping into 4!