lockdownd and mediaserverd high CPU usage?

stooovie

May 2, 2009
Hello,

after a clean jailbreak of 2.2.1 iPhone 3g, all I have installed is Cydia with latest updates and memtool. Memtool shows CPU usage of lockdownd daemon like 50-60 per cent and mediaserverd similarly high (together they make almost 100 per cent CPU according to memtool).

This seems ridiculous, does anyone experience this or is it a bug in memtool? phone doesn`t seem too slow and I haven`measured battery times yet, as I have iPhone for 3 days yet :) Is there a way to see CPU usage on non-jailbroken IP?

Thanks for any info!

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
I'm sure I've seen you on JCXP or something... anyways.

Have you tried restoring again? It might have been a bad restore.

stooovie

May 2, 2009
Yes, I hang out at JCXP, nice to see you :) I have tried another restore, but the thing is, in order to install Memtool, you have to do a jailbreak. I did, and Memtool rported sky-high usage on these two processes again. As I don`t see excessive battery drainage, I guess it could be a Memtool bug or something. I was just asking if anyone has seen this.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Nice to see you too :D
I used Memtool before and mine was fine. Are you sure it's not something like Push or something? If not, then just leave it, if you notice slowdowns, make sure you get FreeMemory :)